Chapala.com Webboard

Gabriel Garcia M.D

Alpha1

Agree, he is great addition to medical community.  I first met him when he was on carretera in West Ajijic, just west of Dental Express.  He approaches healing in a way many western trained docs do not. 

He has been helpful to me with electrical accupuncture.   Also, has some really good homeopathic meds, many in Germany.

• 1 month later...

Dr. Garcia  has helped my 87 year old friend with dementia with accupunture.  It has stimulated her brain and she is very talkative even though words don't come out so we understand her.  It is wonderful to see her so alert and trying to communicate.  I have receive relief from a cervical spur that had pinched my nerve causing numbness of my first 3 fingers on my left hand plus the left side of my face.  Neither gringo chiropracter could help but one was willing to charge $2000 to have a machine stretch me which has caused me problems I  never had before.  Dr. Garcia gave me drops and the numbness has stopped.  Up until the 1940's Homeopathic medicine was   prominent in the states.  I was born in a homeopathic hospital.  Seems one of our extreme wealthy trillionaires owned a pharmaceutical company and had a study done to see who he would make the most from homeopathic or medicine doctors.  Some how medical schools for homeopathic doctors got changes to medicine Schools.

And I'm firmly on the other side compared to Angus who has never tried it. Do whatever works for you! It has helped me on two separate occasions in my life when Western medicine failed miserably.

17 minutes ago, Ferret said:

And I'm firmly on the other side compared to Angus who has never tried it. Do whatever works for you! It has helped me on two separate occasions in my life when Western medicine failed miserably.

There ya have it, two anecdotal and unverifiable assertions vs. double-blind clinical studies. Are we convinced yet?

And, golly gee, anecdotal assertions are usually what kick starts double-blind clinical studies. Of course, homeopathy or ANY therapy that doesn't make the pharmaceutical companies a bucketful of money is unlikely to be pursued... and then, on the other hand,  you have the medical marijuana groundswell... and the proof is coming after the observations.

On 5/30/2018 at 6:13 PM, Jreboll said:

I side with Angus but I have a sister who is also an RN who swears by homeopathy. And of course there’s also those that believe Trump

https://amp.theguardian.com/science/2016/jul/16/vet-homeopathy-medicine-royal-college

Cedric’s owner, Jan Tilling, has been a client of Day’s for 20 years. “Animals don’t know what you’re giving them, yet homeopathy works.” But in an article published in New Scientist last month, Chambers argued that homeopathy had “no effect beyond the placebo” and animals did not experience this effect.

I was able to help a 6 year old boy with autism with 35p worth of homeopathic medicine. He was mute and still in diapers. His mother was a nurse, but unfamiliar with these remedies. I gave her a 30X bottle of chamomilla, something usually given for teething babies because he seemed to be stuck at that level. two weeks later she came to me asking for more. I asked her what happened, and she told me that her son's seizures stopped. He had 4000 a month and they couldn't afford the anti-seizure meds which were 950p a month. He took it for one month and reduced to 2000 seizures. He had brain surgery  to separate the hemispheres of his brain...to no avail. And a 35p bottle of "worthless" homeopathic drops stopped all that.  Last year he graduated from high school, albet special ed, but he speaks, can feed and dress himself , interact with people and hold a job. But I guess that's just anecdotal evidence....he must have just been trying to fool us all with his antics. And the big bucks--35p--must have been the overriding factor .  

17 hours ago, kam said:

I don't understand why we just can't put the information out there, let people believe what they believe and do what they chose to do. Life is not a zero sum game.

Why? Because some folks are convinced that their way is the ONLY way and anything else has to be wrong.  However, that isn't enough for the demagogues:  they have to follow up by insulting anyone who thinks otherwise.  😝

Belief is no more than the acceptance of an idea without any evidence or proofs. As such, those who operate on belief alone, are often confused and tend to confuse others around them. Some even have the urge to try to convince others that their unsupported beliefs are actually fact.

On the other hand, facts can be confirmed with evidence and proofs, as in the scientific method, for example.  That leads to knowledge; a much more productive use of one‘s mind.

3 minutes ago, pappysmarket said:

Well stated RV!

Although RV's statements are indisputably logical, my point is that there is no productive purpose served by ridiculing and/or disrespecting others who "believe" differently. In fact, some of the posters have claimed demonstrable benefits from homeopathic medicine.  This may be entirely a result of the "placebo effect", but if it worked for them, they give it credence.

Thank you, Gringal, our bodies are not wholly run by logic and, really, who among us knows for certain what works and for whom it works? I think it is decent and respectful to let individuals pursue their own beliefs without scorn. I am saddened by how important it is for some contributors to prove how "learned" they are at the expense of others.

Igno

17 minutes ago, kam said:

...and, really, who among us knows for certain what works and for whom it works? I think it is decent and respectful to let individuals pursue their own beliefs without scorn. I am saddened by how important it is for some contributors to prove how "learned" they are at the expense of others.

How about the American Medical Association, for one of several. The constant anti-science voices need to be called out for what they are. Keep up your sadness, or take a micro-micro-dose of aspirin laden water for it.

Archived