Chapala.com Webboard

GREAT assistance for driver's license renewal

I just wanted to give a big plug for Luzma Grande of Ajijic Concierge. I needed to get my license renewed and I absolutely hate driving in Guadalajara, especially when it's somewhere I've never been before. It was so easy! She told me what documents were  needed, did several follow-up reminders before our scheduled date, and got us in and out of the facility in less than a half an hour. Her rates are very reasonable (for 2 of us, it was $700 pesos each) and she drove us there and back. Hubby is going to go for his license next week and he's also going to use her services. To contact Luzma:  ajijicconcierge@gmail.com or 333 452 1670 (cell)/376 766 1562 (office at Ajijic Homes 4 Rent & A L Carte Concierge Services)

Agree with tingting re luzma

however, drove wife to Octolan thursday for renewal

a piece of cake

easy to find

make the right hand loop  north after you cross river

about 4 or 5 km north on town 

san felipe plaza on right

took about 30 minutes with stress free employees in very uncrowded atmosphere

time mostly spent waiting a few minutes while going from station to station

trip was, however, 98 miles round trip from ajijic

I think that I read here a while back that LCS sometimes had days that you could go to get this done. Or was it some other local location that the transido (sp?) folks came for a day to get the gringos licenses? Not  trying to disparage the lady's service but would like to see if I could keep it local

1 hour ago, gringohombre said:

I think that I read here a while back that LCS sometimes had days that you could go to get this done. Or was it some other local location that the transido (sp?) folks came for a day to get the gringos licenses? Not  trying to disparage the lady's service but would like to see if I could keep it local

Just to be clear, I am talking about DL renewal here. 

I am pretty sure they never came to the LCS, but I have read here  on the fact that they were supposed to come to a site in Chapala and that at least one time they did not show up as scheduled.  I believe this was for renewal only. It's been a while though since I last read about this and perhaps they are no longer doing so.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to add one more thing (sorry :P). Yesterday, Luzma took hubby to apply for his license. It went like a charm.  He had tried a couple of weeks ago, but there was an extra "o" added to his middle name in the CURP.  Before they went to Guad, she took him to Immigration to try to get it fixed (this has happened to others). For whatever reason, they weren't willing to do it right then and there as they have at other times. They required him to return the next day--when they did a couple of button-pushings and fixed it. Hubby decided to go to Guad anyway, but the DL wouldn't accept the "o" (after all, Leonardo is so different from Leonard). It was his choice and he had no problem paying Luzma for the trip and her time. It was worth it just for her assistance with CURP. Thanks to her help, the document was ready as promised and everything went like a charm on his next visit to the DL (yesterday). This time, smiles all around and license in hands. He was back a little after 1 in the afternoon.

For us, it's worth every single peso to have someone familiar with the area and requirements take us there and back. FWIW, we're not newbies to the area (13 years), but driving in Guad, especially to an unfamiliar area, can be challenging on a good day and a nightmare on the rest.

Archived