Chapala.com Webboard

quarter inch wood dowels

15 hours ago, Alfa said:

There is a carpenter shop on the lateral, just across from Soriana in Chapala. I have bought dowling from them over the years.

Do you mean Real Ortega Madereria (lumber yard)?  Yes, they have some diameters of dowels, however, no 1/4" dowels there unfortunately.

On 4/21/2018 at 5:35 PM, ned small said:

If all else fails the local cojete maker uses what appears to be a 3 ft.- 1/4 in. dowel for those

Now, if his identity would just be revealed.

I know this will sound unbeivable, but I used to own a dowel making factory, using Pacific Northwest birch. The main function was to make stock for my wooden golf tee factory. So I have to tell you that 1/4 inch dowels are extraordinary difficult to produce. You might be better off looking at Bamboo, of which we have a large, unwanted grove. Wear good boots and pick anything you need. You will need some serious clipping shears, but I have those too. German steel baby!

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I know this will sound unbeivable, but I used to own a dowel making factory, using Pacific Northwest birch. The main function was to make stock for my wooden golf tee factory. So I have to tell you that 1/4 inch dowels are extraordinary difficult to produce. You might be better off looking at Bamboo, of which we have a large, unwanted grove. Wear good boots and pick anything you need. You will need some serious clipping shears, but I have those too. German steel baby!

Thank you, Chillin, but my needs coincide with the perfectly smooth wood of dowels. I`m afraid the branchlets of bamboo stalks would play havoc with the yarns in my warping process. Thanks for your generous offer.

On 4/23/2018 at 1:35 PM, RVGRINGO said:

Have you considered using steel rod, instead of wood?

Now there`s  an idea!  Can you recommend a place to find these?  Thanks!

Archived