Chapala.com Webboard

Lake Chapala YouTube Videos

Hello friends of Lake Chapala, I recently made the above YouTube video about my experiences here in Chapala, I would like to share this information with you all. I would also love to see other people create videos that discuss experiences here in the lake Chapala area.  Thanks Friends!  Will.

This is my observation:

Video promotions are great for people who want to come for a short visit or a holiday but there is another side of the story that does not show in videos. People come and like what they see but after a while few stay and many leave. The new enthusiasm fades. For many it is hard to transplant and thrive in a new soil even with all the sunshine.

I doubt that  present longer time foreign residents will be pleased about  Lakeside becoming a tourist's playground. It will raise prices on about everything. It will create more conjunction, more fly by night operations, more petty crime even more noise and all the negatives of tourist places. That is not what this area was all about. Times are changing (sigh). New era, new mentality. Only time will tell how the area will evolve. What ever it will be the past charm will be gone.:o

Although, a local business and the government will be happy. It will help the local economy.

Now, how is that for starting a lively conversation?

Archived