Chapala.com Webboard

had success with internet boosters?

Has anyone had success with internet speed boosters?  Which ones have you tried? Much increase in speed?  Thanks.

Speedify is an online service which claims to boost speed. It works by taking two isps and supposedly combines them to increase the speed.

I use it to combine two lousy services, Izzy and Telmex. The main benefit that I see is fewer disconnects, but I have terrible speeds on both ISPs.

It was recommended by a friend who swears by it. I had it installed by the Computer Guy, Mike Riley. The instructions aren't crystal clear, so I needed the help. It cost about $5 a month.

I had good success with Pale Moon. I notice they have a linux version. 

It is free www.palemoon.org as is Linux Mint which greatly improve your speed if you are on an older computer. In June Linux Mint will release its new mini box 2. Incredible speed, state of the art graphics, all with no moving parts and about the size of a coffee cup. $299 u.s.

3 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

I had good success with Pale Moon. I notice they have a linux version. 

It is free www.palemoon.org as is Linux Mint which greatly improve your speed if you are on an older computer. In June Linux Mint will release its new mini box 2. Incredible speed, state of the art graphics, all with no moving parts and about the size of a coffee cup. $299 u.s.

PaleMoon is a browser, like Firefox or Internet Explorer, and is based on Mozilla code, but I wouldn't call it a speed booster... although it may provide a faster browsing experience.. Opera blocks ads at the source, and so purports to offer faster browsing speed. But you compromise on other details.

7 hours ago, miendo said:

I bought this from amazon. Very happy with it and easy to set up. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072MTKNKM/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do you find larger websites coming onto your screen any faster or simply that you can get internet in places where it was difficult before?  The product says it is a booster but I`m not sure what it means by that exactly.

8 hours ago, Sea said:

Speedify is an online service which claims to boost speed. It works by taking two isps and supposedly combines them to increase the speed.

I use it to combine two lousy services, Izzy and Telmex. The main benefit that I see is fewer disconnects, but I have terrible speeds on both ISPs.

It was recommended by a friend who swears by it. I had it installed by the Computer Guy, Mike Riley. The instructions aren't crystal clear, so I needed the help. It cost about $5 a month.

How does one acquire Izzy?

7 hours ago, bdmowers said:

Do you find larger websites coming onto your screen any faster or simply that you can get internet in places where it was difficult before?  The product says it is a booster but I`m not sure what it means by that exactly.

We can now get the internet everywhere in the house. It was difficult to impossible before.

8 hours ago, bdmowers said:

How does one acquire Izzy?

Izzy is the current business name for what we still call Telecable. You buy their ISP service. Then if you have Telmex's Infinitum as your other service, Speedify combines them.

The extenders boost the signal so you can get internet wifi in dead zones.they work pretty well but dont increase speed.

Speedify looks like a glorified vpn and cant see that making any difference apart from browsing speed.

In reality nothing does increase speed. Some of the claims either make your device more efficient or change a dns but you wont see any real increase in your download speed from your provider.

Speedify simply combines the speeds of two incoming signals to provide a boost in speed. This is a concept that used to require special hardware; now it can be done in software. Speedify does use cloud servers and various techniques such as Prioritizing to do the job.

And yes, as Sea can attest, you will actually see an increase in download speed.

Ok agree cg combining the two.

I have just downloaded the speedify app into phone and connected with wifi and telcel.

My normal is 4.5/ 5 mbps.

With speedify i get 8.5 according to their speed tester and 11 with fast.com

Might be an option for some folk but data costs can be high.am going to trial this just for information.

In general for streaming live tv 5 mbps is ok. 10 and more better for hq and hd.

Hd 720 movies can be streamed well at 5 mbps and numerous free options are available.

I also have bbc iplayer through a vpn and get excellent playback at 5mps.no buffering and hq video.

Much depends on download server.

I use free services which for my use are sufficient, for better quality you can subscribe to a payed one for around 100usd per year.however i would recommend to use a free trial before signing up.google for options or i used siptv.eu last year for a month but decided i didnt really need it.

Fast.com is notoriously more stringent than, for example, speedtest.net. So if you see a higher speed using it, that is something to cherish. Using Speedify, there is no data cap. And (knock on wood) TelMex and Izzi have no caps, either.

53 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

Ok agree cg combining the two.

Might be an option for some folk but data costs can be high.am going to trial this just for information.

Just to clarify, Speedify has a flat fee for unlimited data, so not clear on your point if you're referring to that.

Where I live in SAT, Telmex is unusable most weekend nights, so combining the two at least gives me a steady connection without disconnects. Usually.

But you can't use Speedify anyway unless you combine two IP services. Neither TelMex nor Izzi have limits. Sea already pays a yearly fee for Speedify. As far as I know, you can only get a 30-day trial until you need to pay.

So, let's recap: Speedify will boost your Internet speed by combining two different Internet providers (eg. Izzi and TelMex). It does have a subscription fee. The other devices mentioned in this thread are WiFi signal boosters, not Internet speed boosters. There are really no other ways to boost Internet speeds without paying for higher speeds.

On 4/20/2018 at 9:19 AM, ComputerGuy said:

Speedify simply combines the speeds of two incoming signals to provide a boost in speed. This is a concept that used to require special hardware; now it can be done in software. Speedify does use cloud servers and various techniques such as Prioritizing to do the job.

And yes, as Sea can attest, you will actually see an increase in download speed.

wouldn't your two services have to be combined  through a router and then on to the modem?

Archived