Chapala.com Webboard

Traffic light at Superlake is gone

sm1mex

If you are coming up from the south on the road just east of the liquor store or from superlake parking lot  the careterra is blocking you getting on to the careterra because now there is no traffic light to give way to the people trying to get onto the careterra so the traffic is blocking the intersection going east and west.  It's a mess.

That is where the light used to be a few years ago. Either place is bad; I just drove back to Riberas from the west and traffic was backed up from La Floresta to the old HoleInOne. Just when traffic was getting better with the departure of many winter residents. Thanks, whoever. Morons.

Shoppers exiting from SuperLake will now have to get used to driving east along the lateral until they get to Panino's.  Then they can exit at the light there, going east or west.  I think that once everyone gets used to where these stoplights are, it will actually improve the traffic flow for everyone.  They were too close together before.

Maybe they will recruit the car wash guy who was exiled from Superlake. I still remember breaking out laughing seeing him in his reflective vest, stop sign, and his begging bowl, targeting both drivers and pedestrians at Ajijic public market.

You will change your tune after 1 pm...

As I look back, while the initial installation brings to mind much disgust at whoever came up with the idea, I also recall that when they moved it to Independencia (without consulting me, of course), traffic got a lot worse. So maybe it's a small good thing. Very small.

58 minutes ago, barcelonaman said:

1.20 to 1.40 pm today.. clear.

I use the route two or three times a week normally  between 1.45 to 2.10 pm. At the worst only ever had 5 minute delay.

Going west or east? Going east, no problem. Going west: lookout.

How about a rule letting you drive when the last digit on your plate match the last digit of the day of the calendar.  If you have zero, you are out of luck.  hahaha That will help with traffic. Didn't some city tried even and odd days.

On 4/16/2018 at 2:52 PM, suegarn said:

Shoppers exiting from SuperLake will now have to get used to driving east along the lateral until they get to Panino's.  Then they can exit at the light there, going east or west.  I think that once everyone gets used to where these stoplights are, it will actually improve the traffic flow for everyone.  They were too close together before.

I agree it makes more sense to have the 2 traffic lights not too close to each other, having it moved to Panino's makes sense the bus route coming up on the same corner is now safer and there is also that new restaurant across from Panino's which caused a lot of parking problems and risky driving behaviour. Now if they could fix the exit into and out of WM we would be all safer driving in that area.

Archived