Chapala.com Webboard

Water testing

gatita

What I've been told by a couple different people, is MOST labs, lakeside, are able to test water samples, I have no personnel experience with this. Makes sense, if they are able to accomplish required lab testing,as per a doctors orders, they should be able to give an analysis of water. I am pursuing a different avenue, I have a contact, in the bottled water selling business, and his explanation of the required mandated treating,testing and samples, is far greater and in depth, than I would ever need, so I will deliver my sample to him, and he will allow it to go forward, for testing in Guad, on my dime. results in a week or so. I am in Riberas, as well, if its nasty, nasty, I'll let you know.

In Riberas the crud is sand.  They don't have an adequate sand filter on the well.  The water is also high in minerals.  I had to take the sand filter off my washing machine water inlet because it wouldn't fill without cleaning the filter several times during one wash cycle.  If you have your own well it can be fixed by you.  If you have municipio water, you won't find anyone who cares about your complaint.

There is no place lakeside to get water properly & completely tested. In Guadalajara you can. Minimum price about 7,000.

Lakeside labs can only do very basic tests. I've used ones in Chapala, Ajijic, and Jocotepec and they only do basic things.

6 hours ago, Yo1 said:

In Riberas the crud is sand.  They don't have an adequate sand filter on the well.  The water is also high in minerals.  I had to take the sand filter off my washing machine water inlet because it wouldn't fill without cleaning the filter several times during one wash cycle.  If you have your own well it can be fixed by you.  If you have municipio water, you won't find anyone who cares about your complaint.

That sand might eventually damage your washing machine- the filter is there for a reason. Is there anywhere you can put a simple in-line filter on the water line coming into your house to filter the sand before it gets to the machine? I have one-just the really basic ones that came with the tinakos, or you can buy them separately. I clean it out about once every 2 months and there's about a cup of sand in it each time.

Not positive but I understand that there are 3 wells in Riberas, one above Hidalgo the other(s) below?

We are above, with a zeolite filter on all incoming water, backwashing ever 4-6 days. So far the problems (stains, tar like substance) we had before the new well went into service above Hidalgo have completely disappeared?

It's been my belief that the many breaks, leakage in the water lines are causing the issue, by allowing the contaminated soils to re-enter the water lines when the pumps cease to operate over nite. AkA water flows downhill sucking contaminates into the lines after hours. Fix the leaks! Simple! The other issue is not to be discussed on the board, many services here are pirate splices completed by amateurs on lands not accessible by Simapa.

Archived