Chapala.com Webboard

Shaw trouble?

Ours is working--I just checked. Maybe your antenna is a little out of alignment from the wind?

Mine too. I am getting all of the channels from the satellites Anik-F1r and Anik-F2 but as expected I am not getting those from the newer satellite Anik-G1, here in Mexico.  But then again, I am not supposed to be able to get the channels and/or signals from Anik G-1 this far south

We have had a Sun spots and sun explosions during the last week and space winds etc were supposed to reach Earth Thurs and Fri. Sometimes that affects Satellites,GPS etc. My Shaw was acting up on Thu/Fri (pixilating) but is ok now. I'm not sure that was even the problem but that is what happened to me. You can get this info from 'Discovery Magazine' on line.

That's funny, I saw a picture of the sun a couple of days ago on the internet. The caption was something to the effect of the sun looking like a cue ball: no sunspots and the least solar activity in many years. The story said some scientists are beginning to think the sun may enter what they called a Maunder Minimum. If they are right earth's temperatures may be similar to the last one for much of the 1600"s which is considered the last Little Ice Age.

Vamos a ver.

Archived