Chapala.com Webboard

No Bullsh*t Coffee at SuperLake Grocery

No Bullsh*t Coffee

9 hours ago, gringal said:

" For those who have enquired about pricing, we sell our beans & ground coffee at very reasonable, equitable prices to our vendors.  "

Don't mean to be difficult, but that is a non-answer to the question about prices.   What is the range at your retail location at SuperLake?

I can only guesstimate, Gringal, as next week is their first delivery, since their management shake-up. I would say ca. $150-$165 pesos/pound (US $8-$9 / CAD$10-$12)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, lakeside7 said:

The name would be a non starter for me...regardless of all its claims. I guess you did not have a focus group before you came up with that "ugly" name

It's not so much that it's "ugly", it's that it reeks of smartass and juvenile.

Much better than El Grano or any other coffee offered at Lakeside.   They offered tastings at Super Lake a while back and sold it at the Monday Market for a while and have obviously stopped because it will be sold at SL.  So sorry the name of the coffee is a roadblock for you.  Your problem.

When I first arrived in Mexico in early 2010 I tried the fresh roasted coffee at the store/cafe on Hidalgo in Chapala. Over the period of a year I endured all the problems he had with his roaster and finally I went back to Kirkland 100% Colombian Coffee which was about the same price and has proven to be very consistent in both roast and grind at about 195p per kilo currently..Maybe not the best coffee but consistent for me. I also don't like the logistics of maintaining a supply at SL of a coffee roasted in La Manzanilla will be difficult to say the least. Then again the only thing I like to be consistently great is beer. Has anyone seen Bohemia IPA recently? It is hard to find.

On 4/23/2018 at 7:22 PM, lakeside7 said:

The name would be a non starter for me...regardless of all its claims. I guess you did not have a focus group before you came up with that "ugly" name

That's exactly why it caught my eye and I'll try it. Is it crass? Sure, but it got the product noticed and isn't that intention? GL to them!

On Thu Apr 26 2018 at 7:59 AM, dave0415 said:

When I first arrived in Mexico in early 2010 I tried the fresh roasted coffee at the store/cafe on Hidalgo in Chapala. Over the period of a year I endured all the problems he had with his roaster and finally I went back to Kirkland 100% Colombian Coffee which was about the same price and has proven to be very consistent in both roast and grind at about 195p per kilo currently..Maybe not the best coffee but consistent for me. I also don't like the logistics of maintaining a supply at SL of a coffee roasted in La Manzanilla will be difficult to say the least. Then again the only thing I like to be consistently great is beer. Has anyone seen Bohemia IPA recently? It is hard to find.

I enjoy the Kirkland House medium blend in the blue bag, tried the Columbian and was too weak... IMHO... This with an Aeropress coffee maker makes a GREAT cup of coffee

Archived