Chapala.com Webboard

No Bullsh*t Coffee at SuperLake Grocery

No Bullsh*t Coffee

No Bullshit Coffee is fairly-traded and freshly roasted, and will be on the shelves of SuperLake Grocery, Ajijic, next week.

As many of you already know, we are an artisan coffee roastery in La Manzanilla, Jalisco.

We have been in business since 2003, and small batch roast to perfection, our delicious, select, Arabica coffee beans, so that we can offer our discerning customers the freshest, quality coffee, at the best possible prices.

Each bag of No Bullshit Coffee is roast-dated, so can be sure what you are getting is truly fresh coffee in every bag 2615.png

Visit our Facebook page: :) No Bullshit Coffee

mugs.jpg

DSCF0391.JPG

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did you notice that they said that SuperLake Grocery is in Ajijic?  No big deal. I am looking forward to seeing where this story goes and if there is really such a brand. I guess I had better go to their Facebook page and learn more.  :) 

We purchase our beans from a certified fair trade supplier. Our 100% Arabica coffee beans come from Oaxaca, Veracruz and Chiapas.

I apologize for the error in stating SuperLake is in Ajijic, Mr Johanson. My geographical skills are not my strong suit.

Technically speaking, SuperLake Grocery is in San Antonio Tiayacapan, Chapala. 

Thank you both for your interest. If you like coffee, I know that you will really enjoy No Bullshit Coffee :)

With kindest regards,

Susan

No Bullshit Coffee

La Manzanilla, Jalisco

For those interested, I just finished an excellent ebook called The Monk of Mokha. It's a true story (written by Dave Eggars of The Circle fame) of a young man from Yemen who remade the Yemeni coffee industry into some of the highest-ranked beans in the world. All during a time of war with Al Qaeda. A fascinating look into both the culture and the craft of harvesting.

30 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Does the packaging say "dark roast" or "French roast"? Yeah, I know you'll say get off my butt and go check it out but thought I might just let me fingers do the walking in the meantime. ;)

If you go to the post where the pictures of the packages are, one of the Chiapas ones says "French Roast" and I "think" that the others say "dark roast", but my eyes aren't so good.

It would be good if they'd quote some prices for us.

Thanks. I played with the size of the pic and could finally make out Chiapas French Roast but the others are blurry.

I buy El Grano at Superlake. My preferred choices are either the Oaxacan French Roast or the Chiapas French Roast. Occasionally, I'll try something else but always go back to those two.

19 minutes ago, gringal said:

That's been my coffee source, and it's a fine tasting cuppa.

Maybe part of that is maybe because it is freshly ground. Grinding your own makes a difference.  Sometime after grinding some in the morning, I don't even bother making it.  The aroma from the grind is enough.  HAHAHAHA

1 hour ago, gringal said:

If you go to the post where the pictures of the packages are, one of the Chiapas ones says "French Roast" and I "think" that the others say "dark roast", but my eyes aren't so good.

I see two dark medium roast. 

Thank you all for your comments. Yes, with apologies for the imperfect photo,  our pound bags are clearly labeled to indicate medium or dark, or blend of both (my personal favourite being: "Splendidly Blendedly". Until very recently our beans were organic, but it is nearly impossible to procure organic coffee beans in Mexico, at present. I am not able to elaborate, as I still don't fully understand myself what changed. No Bullshit Coffee's entire reputation and philosophy is based on providing our customers with the finest quality and freshest coffee we can find. We utilize simple packaging, make no fancy claims and roast-date every bag. We do our utmost to ensure that any coffee that must be ground is packaged immediately and delivered direct to vendors as efficiently as possible.

For those who have enquired about pricing, we sell our beans & ground coffee at very reasonable, equitable prices to our vendors. 

Tiny, I agree with you that if you have a grinder at home, beans are the best way to go.

Gringal, and Angus MacTavish,  If you are satisfied with the quality of your vendor's coffee, more power to you. Please consider just trying ours. I think you will love it!! Our labels are not intended to be in any way gimmicky, although naturally we would like to stand out on the shelf, thus the gold.

Ferret, We do have Oaxaca French Roast and Chiapas French Roast. The particular region only depends on our supply at the time. We always purchase raw beans in relatively small amounts, and only ever small batch roast, so as to ensure optimum freshness. 

Cafe Mediterranio, THANK YOU for your kind remarks! We really appreciate your appreciation!! We discontinued with the markets, as there was so much red-tape involved,  it finally wore our wonderful agents down. Now that SuperLake is in new hands, we want to give them another chance.

Thank you all sincerely for your comments,

Susan

No Bullshit Coffee

La Manzanilla, Jalisco

10 minutes ago, No Bullsh*t Coffee said:

Tiny, I agree with you that if you have a grinder at home, beans are the best way to go.

WOW, someone agreed me. Must be a first HAHAHAHAHA

Just make sure you do not mix up you coffee grinder with spice grinder. Make for interesting coffee.   HAHAHA

" For those who have enquired about pricing, we sell our beans & ground coffee at very reasonable, equitable prices to our vendors.  "

Don't mean to be difficult, but that is a non-answer to the question about prices.   What is the range at your retail location at SuperLake?

23 minutes ago, gringal said:

" For those who have enquired about pricing, we sell our beans & ground coffee at very reasonable, equitable prices to our vendors.  "

Don't mean to be difficult, but that is a non-answer to the question about prices.   What is the range at your retail location at SuperLake?

It may be that SuperLake will be setting the retail price and they do not want to talk for SuperLake.

Archived