Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Reference Checks

Yesterday, my husband and I applied for a Telcel plan rather than paying monthly.  A matter of convenience for us.  They ask for 3 references which we provided.  This afternoon, a rep from a Telcel showed up at our doorstep asking how long we lived here and if we owned the house.  Has anyone else had this experience?  We think this is overkill to simply get a cell phone package.  

16 hours ago, sanditoes said:

Yesterday, my husband and I applied for a Telcel plan rather than paying monthly.  A matter of convenience for us.  They ask for 3 references which we provided.  This afternoon, a rep from a Telcel showed up at our doorstep asking how long we lived here and if we owned the house.  Has anyone else had this experience?  We think this is overkill to simply get a cell phone package.  

Just a different way of doing things here; their process confirms your address with your references and your stability.

I paid for my 199 account for a whole year when I signed up, all they wanted was a copy of my permanent card,  I have since got Apple iPad from them and use my phone as hotspot, and got rid of my Telmex account I had for thirty years,  works great and never goes off..

Archived