Chapala.com Webboard

Imss

artsnob

Only with doctors letter saying you were sick or unable to renew

http://www.imss.gob.mx/tramites/imss02014

Google Transation:

"What information do I need to know before completing this procedure?

◦ You can purchase insurance at any time of the year.
◦ Once you have joined, the medical services of the IMSS will begin the first day of the following month.
◦ Annual rate according to age range:

Age range:
Annual quota

0 to 19 years old $ 3,250
20 to 29 years $ 3,850
30 to 39 years $ 4,100
40 to 49 years $ 5,700
50 to 59 years $ 6,000
60 to 69 years $ 8,700
70 to 79 years $ 9,050
80 and more $ 9,100

* Family Health Insurance Quotas, effective as of February 1, 2018 and until January 31, 2019, for renewals or registrations, whether individual or collective.
◦The fee is anticipated annual and is determined according to the age range to which each member of the insured group belongs and is updated in February of each year
◦The benefits that are granted are medical-surgical, pharmaceutical and hospital assistance
◦ People who have existing diseases cannot join: ◾An existing disease, such as: malignant tumors, chronic degenerative diseases (delayed complications of diabetes mellitus), hoarding diseases (Gaucher's disease), chronic liver diseases, renal insufficiency. Chronic, heart valve disease, heart failure, sequelae of ischemic heart disease (arrhythmia, angina or myocardial infarction), chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with respiratory failure, among others
◾Clinical systemic diseases of the connective tissue, addictions such as alcoholism and other drug addictions, mental disorders such as psychosis and dementias; Congenital diseases and Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome or Human Acquired Immunodeficiency Virus positive (HIV)

◦ You can renew in a timely manner, 30 days before the expiration date of the contracted annuity
◦ You can renew extemporaneously, 45 days after the due date, as long as you have acquired a condition within the contracted annuity

◦In any case, the IMSS will not refund all or part of the payments made, so it is very important that all the information provided is correct and complete, especially the one that refers to pre-existing diseases."

"as long as you have acquired a condition within the contracted annuity"  I don´t know what this actually means. Most likely the medical condition Spenser mentioned above.

If I had joned IMSS I certainly would get to a clinic to have a file started and make sure when I need to go I am not declined service because I have a pre-existing disease such as COPD and didn´t list it when applying.

• 5 months later...

For first-time joiners, I visited an IMSS private "rep" today and she tells me that if you have ANY pre-existing condition, you will be rejected (i.e. glaucoma, high blood pressure).  You must take a health exam.  You must join WITH another family member, so if either of you have a pre-existing condition, both are rejected.  Apparently the rules have become progressively strict over the past couple years.  Before having the health exam, you pay your fees and if you are rejected, you lose your fees.  I double-checked the info with an attorney, who confirmed.  If anyone has a different recent experience, please share.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:02 AM, KarenE said:

For first-time joiners, I visited an IMSS private "rep" today and she tells me that if you have ANY pre-existing condition, you will be rejected (i.e. glaucoma, high blood pressure).  You must take a health exam.  You must join WITH another family member, so if either of you have a pre-existing condition, both are rejected.  Apparently the rules have become progressively strict over the past couple years.  Before having the health exam, you pay your fees and if you are rejected, you lose your fees.  I double-checked the info with an attorney, who confirmed.  If anyone has a different recent experience, please share.

All pre-existing chronic illnesses. No -  I have posted the list here above what illnesses excludes people from joining. There are various waiting periods for other chronic or temporary illnesses. You can join singularly also. Not everyone has a family. Find a different rep and lawyer is my advise. They don't know the rules if they told you this.

9 hours ago, luvsdawgs said:

Is cholesterol considered a pre-existing chronic illness? 

I doubt it. The above list of illnesses that exclude people from joining are severe illnesses not common easy to control medical conditions. I didn't know it is considered a chronic illness.

Archived