Chapala.com Webboard

Payment of Immigration Fee

Zeb

I went to Banamex to pay an Immigration Fee.  The teller informed me I needed a quenta (bill) in order to make the payment.   The typed instructions I received from Immigration did not mention this.  They told me to get the forms completed on line, then go pay and come back with my receipt.

If someone has gone through this, please let me know how you got the quenta. There was no quenta available on line that I could see.  Do I need to go back to Immigration to get that and then back again with the receipt?

• 1 month later...

The INM clerk gives you a form to take to any bank. Get copies before you return to your INM office with the receipt. Do it the same time they give you the form to pay and when you return wait for the INM clerk you saw to finish with the person they are serving and walk up with the receipt to continue. Don´t get another number and wait in line again.

1 hour ago, AlanMexicali said:

The INM clerk gives you a form to take to any bank. Get copies before you return to your INM office with the receipt. Do it the same time they give you the form to pay and when you return wait for the INM clerk you saw to finish with the person they are serving and walk up with the receipt to continue. Don´t get another number and wait in line again.

My information was to only go to Banamex, which is what I did, so that part is completed.  Thanks.

You need a proper receipt with name spelled exactly as your passport and the receipt showing the proper accont number (each process at INM has a different account number); otherwise, your payment would be lost and can not be refunded. I have seen many expats lose their payment. 

The payment form is different for each INM office and with each process having a different "account" for 1 year TR, 2 years TR, 3 year TR, PR, humanitarian visa, permission to work, replacement of lost visa, etc.  

In SMA you always submit payment with your application.

It might be you are jumping ahead.

Did INM take your passport and make a copy of your preapproved Mx. Consulate visa and see that is was stamped by INM when you entered Mexico? Did they take your 30 "canje" FMM card you got when entering Mexico.? Did you apply for the "tramite" online and bring a copy printed out to them? Did they give you a" formato básico" to fill out and give to them. Did they accept these and print out a form with your NUT number on it? If they did  that they also would have wanted you to take the "cuenta" for the processing fee they print out and give to you to go to any bank and return with the reciept before giving you the form with your NUT number which is your temporary INM immigration document to be legally in Mexico while in "tramite" or processing..

46 minutes ago, AlanMexicali said:

It might be you are jumping ahead.

Did INM take your passport and make a copy of your preapproved Mx. Consulate visa and see that is was stamped by INM when you entered Mexico? Did they take your 30 "canje" FMM card you got when entering Mexico.? Did you apply for the "tramite" online and bring a copy printed out to them? Did they give you a" formato básico" to fill out and give to them. Did they accept these and print out a form with your NUT number on it? If they did  that they also would have wanted you to take the "cuenta" for the processing fee they print out and give to you to go to any bank and return with the reciept before giving you the form with your NUT number which is your temporary INM immigration document to be legally in Mexico while in "tramite" or processing..

This whole process has moved forward since my original question about the payment.  I made that first payment to Banamex.  My status is now approved and I just went to Banamex again to make the final payment and have the receipt and one copy as they requested.  Once I have photos, I will go back and give turn those items in.  In about two weeks, I should be getting finger prints done.

Archived