Chapala.com Webboard

Matching Interior Paint Colors

I saw this neat gizmo on NewAtlas. No idea if it is any good or would help, but it is interesting.

I like that it has a library of 31,000 brand name paint colors.

http%3A%2F%2Ffiles.newatlas.com%2Fads%2F
Painting a room, designing a site, shopping for a car — there are countless instances in which we need to examine color. But the human eye just isn't built for comprehending the minute details of color. The Nix Mini, however, is. This color sensor will revolutionize the color delivery process and present you with instant color matches. Simply scan any color critical surface, save it to your phone or tablet, and match it to an existing color library of more than 31,000 brand name paint colors, as well as RGB, HEX, CMYK, and LAB colors. Goodbye, guesswork.   Read more

13 hours ago, Ferret said:

And keep your eye on the painter to make sure he doesn't dilute the paint... NOT EVER. Many painters dilute the paint because the paint job goes faster... thicker, quality paint takes more effort.

i know, that drives me crazy here. When they paint metal, they like to add so much thinner it's like thinner with a little paint in it instead of the other way around. 

An elderly friend of mine sprang for expensive Sherman Williams paint when it was time to repaint the outside of her house. The guys who were doing it had been working for her for years, construction, painting, whatever. They were actually very protective of her and went out of their way to help her out. She caught them watering down the expensive paint and freaked out. They said they were trying to save her money. She had to explain that it wouldn't be saving her any money if she had to repaint again next year because the paint was a third water.

Archived