Chapala.com Webboard

Automobile Electric Shop

I have a 2017 Nissan that I tried to add an electrical device to. I now have a battery fault light on the dash. The car is under warranty and I may have voided it, so with the fault, I am reluctant to attempt a 40 Km trip to the dealer. I wish to have it checked out locally. I do not want to drive the car unnecessarily to find a workshop. Anyone know where a shop I might take it to between Chapala and Riberas, please?

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

I have a 2017 Nissan that I tried to add an electrical device to. I now have a battery fault light on the dash. The car is under warranty and I may have voided it, so with the fault, I am reluctant to attempt a 40 Km trip to the dealer. I wish to have it checked out locally. I do not want to drive the car unnecessarily to find a workshop. Anyone know where a shop I might take it to between Chapala and Riberas, please?

It's a bit further than Riberas, but the best auto electric guy (IMHO) is Jaime HERNANDEZ in SAT.  Turn south between Fenex Real Estate and the Coke warehouse - Jaime is 1/2 block south on the left side.... just past the Vivero.  Speaks English.

There is also my favourite guy, who can do amazing things with twine and ZigZag papers... El Seiko in Chapala. Top of Madero, across from the convenience store (7-11 or Oxxo). No English, though. 331-065-6032.

But also, most mechanics have a fault tester that they plug into your car's computer, which will tell them exactly where the problem is. I bought one for myself last year from Amazon, and it gives me a heads up on most dash and other problems.

Thanks. I went to where Oatsie said and found them moved. The address was not familiar, so I went to Fransico's auto shop. They tested the alternator and said it was the voltage regulator. Tomorrow I will be off to the dealer in Ocotlan.

Archived