Chapala.com Webboard

Austin bypass

I just asked Mr Google and he reminded me that  De Clercqstraat is in West Amsterdam, in the Netherlands and, oh, by the way, that part of the Netherlands is below sea level. I was stationed at a military base just 90 minutes to the north.

De Clercqstraat, Amsterdam, Netherlands

OK. I love the Netherlands and have spent time there. Amsterdam is one of my favourite cities. But, I use my GPS, and it doesn't always take the route I want. So, if it's not asking to much, could someone give me the info I want, preferably in English or Spanish.

Southbound, very clearly marked as TX 130 toll road immediately after you pass TX 195 just before reaching Georgetown.  Big interchange, big exit, big bridges loom up in front of you, exit right.  On the south side you can either return to I35 just south of Austin using TX 45 or continue south on 130 until it ends west of San Antonio at I 110   You then take I 410 east back around to 35 towards Laredo.  Look at this on Google maps it is really clear there.

OR you can exit 130 just before Lockhart onto 183 south, follow that down to 281 south and return to Mexico via Pharr.  That would be shorter IMO.  Some two lane on 183 but not much traffic south of Lockhart.

1 hour ago, Canada-Mike said:

...I use my GPS, and it doesn't always take the route I want.

They are not set and forget devices, like fastest or shortest route, preferences and avoidances, and toll or no toll routes. I only know Garmin and the route can be previewed for assurance. A good read:

GPS-for-Dummies.jpg

1 hour ago, Mainecoons said:

Southbound, very clearly marked as TX 130 toll road immediately after you pass TX 195 just before reaching Georgetown.  Big interchange, big exit, big bridges loom up in front of you, exit right.  On the south side you can either return to I35 just south of Austin using TX 45 or continue south on 130 until it ends west of San Antonio at I 110   You then take I 410 east back around to 35 towards Laredo.  Look at this on Google maps it is really clear there.

OR you can exit 130 just before Lockhart onto 183 south, follow that down to 281 south and return to Mexico via Pharr.  That would be shorter IMO.  Some two lane on 183 but not much traffic south of Lockhart.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@30.1412461,-97.8200699,9.92z

Archived