Chapala.com Webboard

For the last couple years, I have been using VerizonWireless.  I recently noticed T-Mobile is offering a plan for 55 and old that is far cheaper than my current VerizonWireless plan.  Before I jump ship I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with T-Mobile this area (Chapala)?  I do spend 2 months here and 2 months in La Manzanilla.

Any input would be appreciated:)

NickWI

It does look like some messages were dropped during the ‘outage’ so I’ll Post again....

I have the T-Mobile 55+ plan unlimited voice/text and data. I  have traveled to Mexico twice since getting it. Both trips I was ‘paired’ with TelCel.  T-Mobile partners with several Mexican cellphone providers so it depends on who ‘picks you up’ when you power on. My service and connection have been very good, both driving down through the country and around Lakeside. Calls back to the US were free also. 

Whether or not they will allow 4 consecutive months in Mexico is beyond my pay grade. Push come to shove, if your T-Mobile service was interrupted while you were here you could just put in a TelCel SIM card and carry on.... all be it with a different phone number obviously.

Archived