Chapala.com Webboard

Seguro Popular Changes ?

snowyco

4 hours ago, Sonia said:

Angus I did not say that but I believe others have. In Nayarit I am told as recent as again yesterday TR go to Jalisco to join SP. I have also read here and elsewhere SP in not available to TR in Q Roo. In SMA all expats pay at least $1300 p for 1 year of SP. I am told by SP staff there is a similar fee in another state.

Yes Sonia. You did say that... at 10 pm last night on the below link. You said that Federal Laws cannot be changed by any State.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/67440-where-to-sign-up-for-seguro-popular/&page=2

I think where it gets murky is that the LAW may not be changed... but the INTERPRETATION of any law is in the eye of the beholder. Jalisco certainly bent the law for a very long time with regards to "capital gains" in both PV and Ajijic while Nayarit and Guanajuato followed strictly. 

I think all anyone wants is for the rules to be applied equally and consistently across State lines. I am definitely not sure that it's even possible.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Ferret said:

Yes Sonia. You did say that... at 10 pm last night on the below link. You said that Federal Laws cannot be changed by any State.

http://www.chapala.com/webboard/index.php?/topic/67440-where-to-sign-up-for-seguro-popular/&page=2

I think where it gets murky is that the LAW may not be changed... but the INTERPRETATION of any law is in the eye of the beholder. Jalisco certainly bent the law for a very long time with regards to "capital gains" in both PV and Ajijic while Nayarit and Guanajuato followed strictly. 

I think all anyone wants is for the rules to be applied equally and consistently across State lines. I am definitely not sure that it's even possible.

Actuasilly ferret, she did not say what Angus thought she said. Your post of what she was talking about was not related to what they were talking about. You completely changed her words around. Shame. Suggest you read very carefully before you accuse someone of lying again.  An apology is in order, don't you think? 

Archived