Chapala.com Webboard

Problem with Scotia ATM

Hard to say, but my Scotia card was rejected by the machine two days ago with the comment "Use withheld by your bank". Contacted Scotia in Canada; they said it was probably a time-limit setting on "international useage of the card". Never heard of that, but they reset it. Tried again yesterday, but got the same message. So I tried a different Cdn card: same thing. I haven't used the machine since they turned the card reader sideways, I guess; maybe that has something to do with it. I'll try a different ATM today, maybe SuperLake or the bank across the highway from WalMart, in case it is a machine issue. But I watched other people using it, so that makes me scratch my head.

5 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Question: why did you change... was the grabber giving you the problem I am having?

That and problems too numerous to mention. Scotia here in Mexico made the contract with the new ATM company and Scotia Canada had no control over that.

Right, there is very little cross-pollination between the two Scotias. But I was still getting free transactions at the machine. So based on your info, I should be able to use a different machine. Intercam truly ranks up there for service.

39 minutes ago, ComputerGuy said:

Right, there is very little cross-pollination between the two Scotias. But I was still getting free transactions at the machine. So based on your info, I should be able to use a different machine. Intercam truly ranks up there for service.

Using other machines will cost you.

I had the same problem with the Scotia Bank ATM here, lakeside, when first one of my two Bank of American debit cards was replaced with a new card that had a chip and then about one year later, when my other older debit card was replaced with one with a chip, it stopped working too. I phoned both Canadian Scotia Bank and my Bank of America rep and neither could help.

Oh well, now I wire down founds to my bank account and get a slightly better rate of exchange.

Archived