Chapala.com Webboard

Roku ustvnow

3 minutes ago, penmouse26 said:

Has anyone had a problem with ustvnow running through roku device on smart tv. Ustvnow works fine on pc and phone. Roku says " Sorry this channel is not in service."

Thank you

Yes, I chatted with them and they know of the problem.  They turned it over to they tech people and they are working on it. 

Lucky, I also have ChromeCast so I can watch it on the TV. 

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but.........

I also was in a chat with them today. They acknowledged what I quoted and sent to them is accurate. Saw it on Cordcutters News this AM. They claim they are trying to work with Roku but Roku just lost another appeal here in Mexico so they are being very careful about claims of piracy. USTVN would not tell me which channels have accused them of piracy. Tiny has the near-term solution but for those of us with lots of Rokus it stinks. Had to switch to Hulu Live to get what we want but they are very picky about using VPN's so it will probably be a battle. So far, so good with ExpressVPN on my router.

Mar 28, 12:49 PM EDT

OK I appreciated your response yesterday. We all seek the truth. So this is what I read today.

This week the USTVNOW Roku Private Channel was pulled down and USTVNOW has not made any statement as to why their Roku Channel. Now Roku (https://amzn.to/2GferOK) has come out with an offical statement on their forums about why USTVNOW was removed from Roku Devices. According to Roku (https://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=113152#p587503) , the channel was removed because “Roku has been asked to remove this channel by the content rights owner.”

Just got this from USTVN

Lilian Dickson (USTVnow Support)

Mar 28, 11:07 PM EDT

Dear Subscriber,

Roku has begun removing private channels which they believe earn revenue that is not shared with Roku in the same way public channels do. If you are used to watching other private channels you might have noticed these have been taken down also. 

Roku claims private channels were a feature originally intended to allow developers to test their channels ahead of submission to Roku’s channel store. Millions of Roku devices have been bought by people to people wanting to watch these private channels. 

We are trying our best for them to make an exception for us, or to give them a part of the revenue since most of our customers are U.S. soldiers abroad who have no other means of getting a slice of home.

In the meantime, we recommend you ask Roku to put the USTVNOW channel back up but watch USTVnow on other devices such as your PC, Mac, mobile device or Chromecast. Our FAQ lists the devices we support and how to use them: https://support.ustvnow.com/hc/en-us/categories/201707603-FAQ

We will keep you posted on the latest developments.

USTVNOW Team

Best regards,

Lilian D.

I have tried USTVnow with ROKU (when it was working) but the problem was because of my slow download speed (5) when the TV was on in the living room I was not able to operate my desktop well in my office. Download speed negligible and my SKYPE would not work at all. So i went back to my Dish TV with the huge rooftop antenna that I had installed 10 years ago. This is expensive ($70 per month for basic) and with the rainy season approaching I am looking for an alternative. Any thoughts about LAKESIDESTREAM. at $30 a month, and will I incur the same problem with ROKU draining the speed from my office desktop? Gracias

52 minutes ago, gringohombre said:

my slow download speed

It does't matter if it Roku, cell phone, tablet, TV, PC, refrigerator, etc.  Anything connected to  the internet with a slow download speed is going to be a problem.  It also matters how many things you have connected at on time. Sorry, I do not direct knowledge about Lakesidestream but it sounds like something to look into.

A temporary solution is Shaw Direct. Their signal is so strong that with a 1.2 meter dish and two LNBs you get good reception in all but the heaviest of rains. And although it is a Canadian provider, one gets many US channels. However sometime in the future, perhaps 2020, Shaw may be transferring it's channels to a satellite that better focusses its signals on Canada, with a signal bleeding south over the Canadian border only as far south as perhaps San Francisco

6 hours ago, johanson said:

A temporary solution is Shaw Direct. Their signal is so strong that with a 1.2 meter dish and two LNBs you get good reception in all but the heaviest of rains. And although it is a Canadian provider, one gets many US channels. However sometime in the future, perhaps 2020, Shaw may be transferring it's channels to a satellite that better focusses its signals on Canada, with a signal bleeding south over the Canadian border only as far south as perhaps San Francisco

What is cost of Shaw Direct?

Barcelonaman  would you expand on the "pay around 100usd per year for iptv with electronic guide with android box", please.  Keep it simple for me.  And if you have a suggested Android box off Amazon that would be appreciated too.  Thanks.

On 3/31/2018 at 3:54 AM, solajijic said:

Barcelonaman  would you expand on the "pay around 100usd per year for iptv with electronic guide with android box", please.  Keep it simple for me.  And if you have a suggested Android box off Amazon that would be appreciated too.  Thanks.

Amazon FireTv will do the trick.

Soxfan.yes amazon stick or tv are ok but has small amount of ram so can buffer a lot. Also some free apps dont work well on them thats why i recommend android box of min 2gb of ram and boxes have more space to download and store movies .

There are many paid iptv providers.google them and most offer a free trial.they can go out of business so only purchase three or six month at a go.

I used siptv for a month was ok but went back to the free ones.

However if you can live without a programme guide and a few ads the free ones are good and getting better.

Mlb available on a few..

Another advantage of a box is it can be used to surf the net using google.yahoo etc.just like your pc or phone.amazons browsers are terrible.

Pm me.

I was using USTVNOW thru a Roku which I bought two devices. Now 3 months later, that does not work.   I have been thru cable, Dish, Direct TV, so on..

Now I need to buy an android box...??? 

Sigh again...I just want a few channels of news..the rest I can manage with NetFlix..

TV and internet here are just maddening.

Bad news concerning a new app for USTVNOW on Roku. I have been testing the new app for a couple of weeks.  I just received the following e-mail from USTVNOW.  Before I display the e-mail I want to share my plans on watching USTVNOW on the TV so it is not buried at the end.  For about $50.00 US, I use a ChromeCast unit attached to the TV.  Then I cast USTVNOW from a PC, cell phone, or tablet.  

Here is the e-mail.

[USTVnow Support] Re: "USTVnow Roku Issue - update from 4/6/2018"

Diana Sanchez (USTVnow Support) <support@ustvnownationphone.zendesk.com>

Reply|
Today, 3:23 PM
You

You replied on 4/8/2018 3:42 PM.

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
USTVNOWLOGO__1_.jpg  logo-delimiter.png?1350954028  USTVnow Support

Diana Sanchez (USTVnow Support)

Apr 8, 4:23 PM EDT

Dear Steve, 

For years, USTVNOW has served you through Roku. We are now unsure if we will be able to continue supporting their platform as Roku has notified us that 3rd parties have made claims of copyright infringement. We have not received any evidence of such infringement from Roku or the 3rd parties themselves, but Roku has the last word about what content may be posted on their platform. We are doing our best to identify these 3rd parties so we can address their concerns directly and demonstrate to them that the content we stream is indeed legal.

At this time USTVNOW will no longer be accessible on the Teleup app.

However, we would like to remind you that USTVNOW is still available on many other devices. In our FAQ, you can find instructions on other ways to watch USTVNOW on your TV.

If you are on a military base overseas, you may wish to switch your subscription to TeleUP, another internet TV provider that offers over 40 channels and on-demand movie rentals. To learn more about their service and how to sign up for it, please click here.

We sincerely apologize if this has caused you any inconvenience and we will assist you in cancelling subscription if Roku is your only streaming option.

Diana
Customer Support Agent

28 West 27th Street 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10001
U.S.A
Tel: +1 (917) 746-8788 Fax: +1 (917) 793 3858

On 3/28/2018 at 5:36 PM, penmouse26 said:

Has anyone had a problem with ustvnow running through roku device on smart tv. Ustvnow works fine on pc and phone. Roku says " Sorry this channel is not in service."

Thank you

An e-mail concerning a couple ways (for smart tv and direct connect of PC) to access USTVNOW.

[USTVnow Support] Re: "USTVnow Roku Issue - update from 4/6/2018"

Diana Sanchez (USTVnow Support) <support@ustvnownationphone.zendesk.com>

Reply|
Today, 5:08 PM
You

##- Please type your reply above this line -##
USTVNOWLOGO__1_.jpg  logo-delimiter.png?1350954028  USTVnow Support

Your request (#239030) has been solved. To reopen this request, reply to this email or click the link below:
http://support.ustvnow.com/hc/requests/239030

Diana Sanchez (USTVnow Support)

Apr 8, 6:08 PM EDT

We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. This sudden change from Roku is something that we did not expect nor see it coming.

However, we would like to remind you that USTVNOW is still available on many other devices. In our FAQ, you can find instructions on other ways to watch USTVNOW on your TV.

If you are using a smart tv you can directly go to our smart tv website at
smarttv.ustvnow.com

Or you can connect your computer to your TV - https://support.ustvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/214146023-How-can-I-watch-on-my-TV-

We appreciate your patience and continued support. 

For now we'll close this ticket, if you have any questions or concerns kindly reply back and this ticket will automatically be reopened.

Regards, 

Diana
Customer Support Agent

28 West 27th Street 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10001
U.S.A
Tel: +1 (917) 746-8788 Fax: +1 (917) 793 3858

• 3 weeks later...

I have given up Roku. It is collecting dust. I have a small laptop ($250.00 USD 9 in Acer)  connected to the TV by a HDMI cable. Since the router is next to TV, the PC has direct connection to the internet. With a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and the TV as a 42 inch monitor, I can watch anything I can get with a browser from the sofa. With a VPN on the pc, I can turn it on/off and set ecyption for on-line banking.

No flashing routers and no special box. Going back to the basics.

1 hour ago, Tiny said:

I have given up Roku. It is collecting dust. I have a small laptop ($250.00 USD 9 in Acer)  connected to the TV by a HDMI cable. Since the router is next to TV, the PC has direct connection to the internet. With a Bluetooth keyboard/mouse and the TV as a 42 inch monitor, I can watch anything I can get with a browser from the sofa. With a VPN on the pc, I can turn it on/off and set ecyption for on-line banking.

No flashing routers and no special box. Going back to the basics.

Haha, just flashed my new router yesterday and it was challenging but with help online from ExpressVPN and Linksys both, got 'er done. My older router was giving problems and I was tempted to buy one already flashed but being cheap I went with a refurbished Linksys 3200 that Amazon US even shipped me here in 5 days for free for only $119.00. Now my Roku TV and my other 2 Rokus are purring since that router really has much better range than the Infinitum junk. Presently subscribed to Hulu Live, Sling Orange,  Philo and the free trial of ESPN+.  All working great except for an occasional freeze for a couple of seconds but I think that has to do with the Telmex internet which seems to drop down to 4-5 Mbps sometimes. As they say here, hoy todo bien, manana quien sabe. Enjoying ER on Hulu, we're in the middle of Season 4.

Archived