Chapala.com Webboard

Algicide Pool Use

mkshawn

Currently using QuimPool AlgiBac & not happy with the result. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Regular weekly Shock in use & regular granular Chlorine applications. Thinking of switching to a stronger product that covers both Black & Green

Talk to Raphael at the pool store just west of the old El Serape restaurant. The product he recommended was Klaren La Calidad ed Clara, Black Algen.

I have tried many different algaecides as I had problem with the very potent black spot algae. I found the best (but not perfect) results with Klaren Black Algen. None of the people at the local pools supply places know much. Vicky at Tecno Aqua is probably the most experienced and the least likely to push a product that isn't satisfactory. The Klaren Black Algen is much, much cheaper in Guadalajara. Much more expensive from Rafael (as are most of his products). 

1 hour ago, tomgates said:

So we agree on the product, just a diff in price.

The product isn't perfect. But Rafael charges about double what it should be.

16 hours ago, cedros said:

I have tried many different algaecides as I had problem with the very potent black spot algae. I found the best (but not perfect) results with Klaren Black Algen. None of the people at the local pools supply places know much. Vicky at Tecno Aqua is probably the most experienced and the least likely to push a product that isn't satisfactory. The Klaren Black Algen is much, much cheaper in Guadalajara. Much more expensive from Rafael (as are most of his products). 

Where do you go in GDL to get pool stuff?

Archived