Chapala.com Webboard

Vehicle registration renewal

bajandy

I got mine when I lived in Jocotepec at the City Hall on the Plaza.  Possibly ask at City Hall in Chapala or the Delegation office in Ajijic.  Did not need RFC when we renewed our car registration this year, but the owner of the car is Mexican.  Not sure whether that makes a difference or not.

They play games in Chapala. 'Nuff said? For 150 pesos, Spencer McMullen's office will do it and call you to pick it up when it's ready. All they needed was to make a copy of your vehicle registration from last year and then they gave me back the original. Pay upfront. Easy peasy and no B.S.

Try changing your address. And then wanting your hubby's ID when he passed away and the title clearly states y/o. After the third try with their nonsense, I decided I'd had enough of their B.S. and it was worth the 150 pesos (10 Canadian dollars). YMMV.

I renewed in Cihuatlan, Jal. Only gave the Circulation card from last year, they processed it in about 2 Min. paid the fee and I was gone. All done in about 5 Min. I don't know what they are doing in Chapala, but it is different and you get the same renewal.

23 hours ago, bajandy said:

Is an RFC required to renew my car registration?  If so, what is it?  How do I get it?

The RFC# will be required in future for many things...ie: capital gains if selling property, bills, etc.......but even more IMPORTANT....YOUR BILL OF SALE FOR YOUR CAR IS YOUR OWNERSHIP!!!   A friend is going thru this process now to sell their car...and photocopies will not be accepted!!   Keep all your records.....    This RFC # is a NEW regulation coming up....best to get it....

Just sayin....

1 minute ago, Yo1 said:

Did they ask for a copy of your visa?

Not me on my renewal and when I registered the new car in Ocotlan, I only was a tourist. Why Ocotlan? Because they don't require a visa, just a passport.

In January, after reading about all of the strange things going on with renewal, I did it online. I paid at an Oxxo, kepa copy of the papers and receipt to show it had been paid, and then went to the Recaucadora last week to pick up the papers. Simple, no lines and no hassle. 

19 minutes ago, Tingting said:

In January, after reading about all of the strange things going on with renewal, I did it online. I paid at an Oxxo, kepa copy of the papers and receipt to show it had been paid, and then went to the Recaucadora last week to pick up the papers. Simple, no lines and no hassle. 

Was there a way to get a senior discount, please?

Archived