Chapala.com Webboard

Cleaning water mineral stains off windows

cedros

I know this has been discussed before but I did not need to know then and I can't find the threads. The water system leaves mineral stains on my windows. How can I get them off?

I used a small green scrubbie and Pears soap (natural glycerine soap). Gently rub or you will scratch the windows. I had the same problem with a sprinkler system so after getting them clean, I adjusted the sprinkler heads.

Or you can call Saul the professional window washer.

White vinegar (which is 5% acetic acid) does the job.   The trick, especially this dry time of year, and on a vertical surface, is keeping it saturated long enough to allow it to work.

On ‎3‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 2:36 PM, cafemediterraneo said:

Sprayway at El Tororito is foaming butane and will get them clean without scratching. coasts about 55p....

Sprayway does not make any difference. Is there some trick?

On ‎3‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, Wookie said:

Saul the window washer. 333-454-4625 is his cell which I find is the best way to reach him, or his home number 376-765-4507.

We also had stubborn stains on a window and Saul, the window washer, was able to get them off with a "special" chemical he had.

for mineral deposits such as found in the water here, you need some sort of acid. I would try in order:

• White vinegar
  • Barkeeper`s friend (oxalic acid), preferably the cream form, to avoid scratching.
  • CLR
  • Muriatic acid

Either of the first two usually work for me.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Archived