Chapala.com Webboard

Rustico Furniture wanted

Are there any Rustico furniture stores that I can get to by bus (no car) from  Jocotepec to Chapala? I am looking for one small but important piece (small console table) and do not want to have it custom made due to cost.  

I’m told there are furniture stores in Tonila (been there. but was not looking for furniture at the time!) but I need to know their names and exact locations. I have “Googled” this to death and keep getting locations I cannot figure out or stores with modern or custom furniture.

If you are going to Tonila this Sunday (market day?) I would love to hitch a ride. I will get back on own.

Thank you!

Noe. 

He is on carratera service road in Riberas  in the mountain block, just west of the auto parts store, Orma.  He has stock pieces for sale and also does custom work.  He is fast and easy to deal with.  If he doesn't have what you want in his showroom, ask to see his notebook where he keeps pictures of other pieces he has made.  

Although there is a good shop next to Mon's who sells Tonala-type rustico, as well as made-to-order. He has a lot of selection, and Tonala pricing.

And I got a great glass-covered coffee table with ribbed wood under the glass at one of the used furniture places in Riberas, super cheap.

And today is Tianguis day in Ajijic so just east of Farmacia Guadalajara and opposite the Pemex station, there is a guy who sells rustico furniture on the corner. I've never seen console tables there but he sells other rustico types.

17 minutes ago, Ferret said:

And today is Tianguis day in Ajijic so just east of Farmacia Guadalajara and opposite the Pemex station, there is a guy who sells rustico furniture on the corner. I've never seen console tables there but he sells other rustico types.

Today is Thursday.  Tianguis is Wednesday. 

5 hours ago, Joyinmexico said:

Are there any Rustico furniture stores that I can get to by bus (no car) from  Jocotepec to Chapala? I am looking for one small but important piece (small console table) and do not want to have it custom made due to cost.  

I’m told there are furniture stores in Tonila (been there. but was not looking for furniture at the time!) but I need to know their names and exact locations. I have “Googled” this to death and keep getting locations I cannot figure out or stores with modern or custom furniture.

If you are going to Tonila this Sunday (market day?) I would love to hitch a ride. I will get back on own.

Thank you!

To have it custom made around here even with drawer is not expensive. I've seen them in various sizes at bazaars and on the lateral divide at the Wed. tianguis as well. No need to go to Tonola. I got 2 similar to this picture at that once a month bazaar warehouse sale in Riberas. I  can't remember what I paid but to me they weren't expensive considering the work and condition.

rustico console table.jpg

Go to Noe's shop in Riberas directly across the highway from the Telecable office...he is on the mountain side on the lateral..He has what you want or will build it to your spec's and for a very reasonable price..A great craftsman and wood worker..

Archived