Chapala.com Webboard

car computer circuit board expert

Hi; I am new to the area. I live in my motorhome presently and in the course of trying to supply electricity to it there was a transistor burnt on my regulating circuit board. I'm looking for someone with skills to solder a new transistor in place, hopefully without removing the board. Someone who has the skill level to repair car computer boards could easily do it. The best would be someone with a butane powered solder iron.

If anyone knows the person with these skills please let me know. I have the part coming.

Tim. Did you know that the voltage here is neither 110 nor 120 Volts?

In Mexico each phase is 127 volts and may vary up to 10% plus or minus and still be legal?. Because each of the three phases is 120 degrees not 180 degrees apart, hooking up any two phases gives you 220 volts +/- 10%, not 254 volts +/- 10%

When I first hooked up a like system, it wouldn't work.

Sorry if I am wasting your time. Maybe you already knew this.

I hope you are able to find someone rapidly who can help you with this repair.

Hi Johanson;

Thanks for your reply. I'm a little familiar with self-contracting/supervising electrical installations so once I realized that it had been done incorrectly the first time, I found a guy with a meter. We checked the voltage at 118 which is fine for a 110-120 system. We corrected the ground with a proper copper ground rod so the system works partially (I can run computers, etc. safely) but once the batteries are depleted by the air conditioner I must shut it off. I believe the transistor was intended to burn out to protect the rest of the system from the ungrounded system. I hope I'm right.

I can fire up the generator for the hot part of the day. BTW does anyone deliver diesel?

I am also from WA & BC but most recently drove from Florida.

Glad you are making progress. Many years ago, my voltage would vary each day from about 115 when everyone was connected and using electricity to more than 135 in the middle of the night when almost no one was using electricity. Today with a second transformer for our neighborhood it is almost always providing 126 to 129 Volts on the two phases that I have voltage meters connected.

I hope that you too will have very stable voltage as well.

I can't answer your question about diesel delivery but I understand that many if not all Pemex gas stations sell Diesel. (If I remember correctly)

Good luck.

The best car electrician in these parts that I know of is El Seiko, in Chapala, on the top of Madero --right-hand side-- before you go over the little bridge, and across from the Oxxo. 331-065-6032. Speaks no English.

17 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

The best car electrician in these parts that I know of is El Seiko, in Chapala, on the top of Madero --right-hand side-- before you go over the little bridge, and across from the Oxxo. 331-065-6032. Speaks no English.

Computer Guy - are you sure it is Oxxo and not 7-Eleven.  I am not positive, but I think the latter, just so Timjwilson does not get confused.

Archived