Chapala.com Webboard

swimming in Lake Chapala

4 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Families frolicking in the lake are a special event???. As well as swimming in it and[gasp!] swallowing some water once and enjoying myself and not glowing in the dark,I simply call the lake a giant prairie slough in JEST.  I don't constantly slag something that I am not really familiar with like you have done for years. As well as Doc Stong there have been many studies done by all kinds of scientists and scientific institutions, not just the Uof G, hardly any of which back up your ridiculous unfounded negativity. There is no special event in this foto that you reposted unless you consider the norm of Mexican families doing things together as special. If so, you are not very observant of Mexicans.

pedro kertesz

lake chapala swimming1a.jpg

But no one swimming.

That is called bathing. Show just one photo of someone swimming the Australian Crawl, the Backstroke, the Sidestroke, the 'improved' Breaststroke, Aquajogging, or even the Dog Paddle, in water that is over their height. Speaking as both a Lifegaurd and Aqua Aerobics instructor dropout.

Or as Bubba used to call it, Peoria on the sump.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

That is called bathing. Show just one photo of someone swimming the Australian Crawl, the Backstroke, the Sidestroke, the 'improved' Breaststroke, Aquajogging, or even the Dog Paddle, in water that is over their height. Speaking as both a Lifegaurd and Aqua Aerobics instructor dropout.

Boy!!!  Are you ever qualified to post about swimming!!!

• Haha 3

I remember seeing a picture of Pedro taken on, I believe the first day of January, standing or whatever with water up to or almost up to his neck. I remember the picture well because so many of us thought it was dangerous to do so. It was quite a few years ago near year 2000

3 hours ago, happyjillin said:

When are you going to stop with your negative unsubstantiated crap about the lake? This is not swimming?-eh!

pedro kertesz

lake chapala swimming.JPG

All that your photos prove is that Mexicans go in the lake. I've seen Mexicans let their children play in a sewage stream where I live, dubbed the Rio Hepatiti. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CHILLIN said:

Or as Bubba used to call it, Peoria on the sump.

Put on your glasses. the kid on the far right is doing the dog paddle and the kid second from left is doing the backstroke or floating on his back. You probably dropped out when you were 5 years old which qualifies you for nothing related to swimming.I have passed the senor red cross which qualifies me to be a lifeguard and holder of a senor canoeist badge which qualifies me to tip a canoe and tyler too.

Any more BS you wish to entertain us with chillin/gary waller?-SNORK!

pedro kertesz

11.jpg

16.jpg

After they put more sand on the beach in Chapala I was down there on a warm weekend day and saw quite a few people well into the water and on that beach.  Not sure why there's any question about this, the local folks and the GDL weekenders do go swimming in the lake during the summers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mudgirl said:

All that your photos prove is that Mexicans go in the lake. I've seen Mexicans let their children play in a sewage stream where I live, dubbed the Rio Hepatiti. 

You seem to have forgotten that the discussion is about LAKE CHAPALA not a sewage stream where you live which is far from this lake.I and several of us[gasp!] ferners are in one of the fotos frolicking in the lake. You have added nothing but a little bile which i suggest that you pollute your own house with.

13 hours ago, happyjillin said:

Put on your glasses. the kid on the far right is doing the dog paddle and the kid second from left is doing the backstroke or floating on his back. You probably dropped out when you were 5 years old which qualifies you for nothing related to swimming.I have passed the senor red cross which qualifies me to be a lifeguard and holder of a senor canoeist badge which qualifies me to tip a canoe and tyler too.

Any more BS you wish to entertain us with chillin/gary waller?-SNORK!

pedro kertesz

11.jpg

16.jpg

You certainly seem to enjoy posting attention craving pictures and statements about yourself. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

You seem to have forgotten that the discussion is about LAKE CHAPALA not a sewage stream where you live which is far from this lake.I

No, I didn't forget at all. My point was that just because people go in the water somewhere doesn't prove that it's safe to do so.

• Sad 1

32 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

Peter has been running on failing, erratic memories for the last couple of years. Now you must be running on fumes. Sad.

You should feel sorry for yourself about your erratic behaviour  but you have proven time and again that there is something wrong with your wiring so that, and you stopping your BSing has become an impossibility. Actually it's been your modus operandi for about 20 years so seeking professional help for what at the very least are some personality disorders would be to late now.

11 minutes ago, Whipstock said:

You certainly seem to enjoy posting attention craving pictures and statements about yourself. 

If that's all you get from my postings,then I suggest that your cognitive abilities are somewhat limited. My swimming and canoe tipping post

was merely sarcasm directed at chillin/gary waller about his phony expertise claims. Why not show he and his fanciful ego your chagrin-eh!

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, AndyPanda said:

This has been argued about for decades... by expats. So far, no reports of people sick or dead from frolicking in the lake. That should put an end to this silly discussion. And the unnecessary photos.

Absolutely agree Andy and we need that whackamole meme Angus posted for this thread.  With thanks to Angus.  :D 

human-whack-a-mole-inflatable-game4.gif

20 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

,......If that's all you get from my postings,then I suggest that your cognitive abilities are somewhat limited. My swimming and canoe tipping post

was merely sarcasm directed at chillin/gary waller about his phony expertise claims. Why not show he and his fanciful ego your chagrin-eh!

Whos cognitive abilities are limited by incorrectly stating; "You also know nothing of Millet,Alberta who's population increases every year,..."

When shown it hasn't, you name call.

That was right after posting a picture with your name on it? How desperate are you for attention?

How many photos have you posted of yourself just today?

• Thanks 1

There is a new film "The Father", starring Anthony Hopkins which is about facing Dementia, and he moves in with his daughter. He handles the plot with a sensitivity that only a very skilled actor can summon. Still the angry outbursts, the slowly increasing confusion. Apparently, there hasn' t been a movie like this in a very long time. The last I remember was Norman, in "The Golden Pond"

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

There is a new film "The Father", starring Anthony Hopkins which is about facing Dementia, and he moves in with his daughter. He handles the plot with a sensitivity that only a very skilled actor can summon. Still the angry outbursts, the slowly increasing confusion. Apparently, there hasn' t been a movie like this in a very long time. The last I remember was Norman, in "The Golden Pond"

"Remember (2015)" with with Christopher Plummer also did a good job as someone angry with dementia. Good plot twist as well. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Whipstock said:

Whos cognitive abilities are limited by incorrectly stating; "You also know nothing of Millet,Alberta who's population increases every year,..."

When shown it hasn't, you name call.

That was right after posting a picture with your name on it? How desperate are you for attention?

How many photos have you posted of yourself just today?

Unlike you and the majority of ANONYMOUSE members on here,yes I post my name so that you know who you're directing angry umbrage at. I laugh like haitch at you squawking chickens that think I am the angry one-SNORK!

pedro kertesz the magnificent

joke squawking chickens.jpg

14 minutes ago, happyjillin said:

Unlike you and the majority of ANONYMOUSE members on here,yes I post my name so that you know who your directing angry umbrage at. I laugh like haitch at you squawking chickens that think I am the angry one-SNORK!

pedro kertesz the magnificent

joke squawking chickens.jpg

Unsurprisingly your response had two parts:

1) You brag yourself up.

2) You name call others

• Thanks 1