Chapala.com Webboard

Questions for Ajijic Trip Mar 31st - Apr 3rd

bobsf

Hello - This will be my 6th trip to Ajijic and I am considering retiring to the area in 3 years.   I have a few questions for my trip.

1) Is anyone interested in going for a medium intensity hike up in the hills?  I have been up once before on a previous trip.  I am thinking 1 or 2 hours in duration.
2) Are there any restaurants open on Easter?  My second day in Ajijic is Easter Sunday.
3) Is anyone interested in talking to me about working or volunteering in Ajijic?  I do clinical massage and have a grad degree in rehab science.  I work with injuries similar to physical therapy.  I am curious if there is any opportunity to work or if not than opportunities to volunteer.  I am glad to pay for lunch or dinner in return for your help/information.

Will you be able to qualify for Residente Permanente visa pre-approval at the nearest Mexican consulate in your home country? If so, you could work in Mexico with notification to the immigration authorities (INM).  You may have to meet Mexican professional certification requirements, so check that detail.

There will be some restaurants open, for sure. A few may offer special Easter dinners, but those might require a reservation. There will be food available, as people will be out and about on such a holiday.

I have personally met Bob on his visits to Ajijic and can vouch for his character. We are also from SF and share some memories of the City. He has been doing some serious studying with an advanced physical therapist in Guadalajara to increase his knowledge. Definitely want to see you during your visit, our restaurant is open on Easter, so we'll see you there or on the plaza....adios Bob, Nancy

Archived