Chapala.com Webboard

Chapala Med

Just received their Newsletter....

The population of the Guadalajara metropolitan area as well as the Chapala Lakeside area is growing day by day. This can easily be noted by the growing visible traffic all around.  The increased traffic and time it takes one to get to Guadalajara in the event of an emergency can now mean the difference between life or death. We can now clearly appreciate the need for a full service hospital with a complete surgical theater to handle most surgical emergencies, CATH lab to handle cardiac and stroke emergencies as well as the need for a facility with  highly specialized imaging that includes CT scans and MRIs.  This Chapala Med in partnership with the owner's of the hospital VALLARTA MEDICAL CENTER
will  break ground this MARCH 17th, 2018 at 5 pm on the LIBRAMIENTO CHAPALA-AJIJIC 
of a brand new hospital that will serve the entire population of the Chapala Ribera. The time will soon come to pass for an hour ride to a Guadalajara hospital for a STENT placement in the event of a heart attack or intervention for a stroke, cases in which minutes matter, cases where TIME IS TISSUE.  Join us and be witness to this historic event which will no doubt change the lives of so many whom currently reside in the Lakeside are as well as the many generations to come. Witness the birth of  
RIBERA MEDICAL CENTER

I don't know about this. A lot of tremendously expensive equipment. The CATH lab I was in Guadalalara was like a spaceship. I told Dr. Briseno that another patient mentioned a price much lower. He said that was impossible, the rent of the lab alone was $1,700 U.S. I also forgot to mention that Seguro Popular will cover intervention, but only if you are under 60 years old.

44 minutes ago, CHILLIN said:

...I also forgot to mention that Seguro Popular will cover intervention, but only if you are under 60 years old.

Are you saying that if a 70 year old man has angina that they would not do a cath study on him and maybe place a stent?

If so, please post a reference.

“I don't know about this. A lot of tremendously expensive equipment.”

You will be amazed at how quickly that equipment will be paid off by people diagnosed with heart and other serious issues that must be handled right away and lucky for the patient because it can be done right here and now! Hospitals are profit-generating money machines. Elderly foreigners with deep pockets and/or good insurance are going to be drawing all sorts of individuals and institutions here to “help” them. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

1 hour ago, AngusMactavish said:

Are you saying that if a 70 year old man has angina that they would not do a cath study on him and maybe place a stent?

If so, please post a reference.

http://www.seguro-popular.salud.gob.mx/images/Contenidos/gestion/CAUSES 2014.pdf

"INTERVENTIONS
PROTECTION AGAINST
CATASTROPHIC EXPENSES

ADULT PATIENT
 DIAGNOSIS AND TREATMENT

54. Page 608- UNDER 60 YEARS Acute Myocardial Infarction [heart attack] Under 60 years"

"How is acute myocardial infarction treated?

Heart attacks require immediate treatment, so most treatments begin in the emergency room. A minimally invasive procedure called angioplasty may be used to unblock the arteries that supply blood to the heart. During an angioplasty, your surgeon will insert a long, thin tube called a catheter through your artery to reach the blockage. They will then inflate a small balloon attached to the catheter in order to reopen the artery, allowing blood flow to resume. Your surgeon may also place a small, mesh tube called a stent at the site of the blockage. The stent can prevent the artery from closing again.

Your doctor may also want to perform a coronary artery bypass graft (CABG) in some cases. In this procedure, your surgeon will reroute your veins and arteries so the blood can flow around the blockage. A CABG is sometimes done immediately after a heart attack. In most cases, however, it’s performed several days after the incident so your heart has time to heal."

8 minutes ago, AngusMactavish said:

Alan,

Thanks, but angina is not a myocardial infarction. Please, my question stands. Are their age restrictions for stents?

Anybody that reads Alan's info sees a "death panel" clause.

http://www.seguro-popular.salud.gob.mx/images/Contenidos/gestion/CAUSES 2014.pdf

"INTERVENTIONS IN EMERGENCIES

148. page 540 - STABILIZATION IN EMERGENCIES [emergency room] OF ANGINA IN THE CHEST

Interesting that there is so much negativity regarding this new hospital...I for one am happy to see such an advancement in the community... I also applaud those who financed this adventure for taking the risk... 

48 minutes ago, rvanparys said:

Interesting that there is so much negativity regarding this new hospital...I for one am happy to see such an advancement in the community... I also applaud those who financed this adventure for taking the risk... 

The population from Jocotepec to Tlachichilco is roughly 80,000. the hospital in Chula Vista is already under construction. Does anyone really think that the demographics in this population can support one, let alone 2 PRIVATE hospitals here.

Just cant see enough demand for two  new hospitals.coincidence we have been waiting years for one then suddenly two appear, bit like buses !!

Is it possible to get insurance to pay for a consultation??

Some are ridiculously high and advice can be laughable at times,if not insulting.

Theres one for your imagination....

Archived