Chapala.com Webboard

My recommendation is to speak with the companies that offer solar Lakeside and have them do an audit for you. I doubt that a small reduction in kw usage will generate substantially enough savings to offset the initial investment. 

We have 6 panels and our bill every 2 months is about 80-100 pesos, so about 5-7 dollars for 2 months.  solar panels are fabulous.  Before we had them years ago when the electric was not nearly as expensive as it is now, our monthly bill was about 1600 pesos when the dollar was 10 pesos to 1 dollar, so about 160 dollars a month.  The panels have more than paid for themselves, over and over.  Panels are much cheaper now and more efficient, so go for it.

Yes, get an estimate...they're free.  We got 2 estimates and went with STI Solar Technology last September.  They do a really slick mock-up to show proposed placement....we asked them to design with expansion in mind and also so our skylights would not be shadowed during the day.  They are easy to work with.  

We averaged 350 KWH per month from our 8 panels this winter.  We averaged 375 KWH per month in the fall.  My guess is March-May will hit 400KWH per month.  

Phil,

You can definitely do that as you're still under the DAC level.

2 panels of 325 watts each using a micro-inverter (1 per 2 panels) can yield close to 200 kWh per 2 month billing period, on a year round avg basis.

So that would bring your net consumption nicely into the "sweet spot" in the CFE rate structure, about 1 peso or less per kWh.

Many folks do this,  just to have a bit of breathing / wiggle room on their consumption, and ease of mind vis-a-vis hitting DAC , or "getting DAC'd" as some like to put it!   ;-)

3 hours ago, Al Berca said:

I might be able to afford a couple of starter panels. I would be interested in a ball park price for purchase and installation, also.

Kindly send me a PM, yours is not receiving messages, acc'd to the system.

Archived