Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Amigo Sin Limite

Zippy

I have been using Telcel's Amigo Sin Limite plan while in Mexico and when I got home I opened my account up on their website.  I reloaded a 200 peso plan on to my phone and it worked for 2 days.  I could phone anyone in Canada, USA or Mexico and it worked great but after 2 days I can't connect and don't know how to fix this.  Problem is that I do not speak Spanish.  Does anyone know how to get my service working again?

22 minutes ago, Zippy said:

I have been using Telcel's Amigo Sin Limite plan while in Mexico and when I got home I opened my account up on their website.  I reloaded a 200 peso plan on to my phone and it worked for 2 days.  I could phone anyone in Canada, USA or Mexico and it worked great but after 2 days I can't connect and don't know how to fix this.  Problem is that I do not speak Spanish.  Does anyone know how to get my service working again?

You have to text  (5050) to Telcel to active the funds into the Sin Limite plan.

I text SL100 to get the Sin Limite 21 days plan.

I am registered on mitelcel.com and have been using the sin limite plan for a couple of years in Mexico and Canada. Every 21 days, I renew online using visa. I especially like to use it in Canada because nowhere else can I get 300mb for approx 7.00 cdn and if I renew before it runs out, any mb balance rolls over to the next 21 days. I don't use a lot of phone minutes in Canada. Just make sure you enable roaming on your Mexican sim card, otherwise the data will not work.

The Amigo sin limites sin Fronteras package only works to call inside the US or Canada for me if  I have the Optimo package and it is limited and roaming fees are added I presumed. .I did it and my saldo [balance]  was eaten up fast calling local numbers in the US. The sin limites was for my wife calling me in the US. When I called her in Mexico from the US my saldo [balance] went down.

https://www.telcel.com/personas/telefonia/amigo/tarifas-y-opciones#!amigo-optimo-plus-sin-frontera

"With Amigo Óptimo Plus Sin Frontera you can communicate in the US and Canada as if you were in Mexico.

Applicable rates

Base rate level
When the user accumulates or recharges within a period of 30 (thirty) calendar days from $ 0.00 to $ 149.99 nominal

Concept

cost

Outgoing Minute (1)

$ 1.49

Outgoing Minute to Frequent Numbers (1)

$ 0.98

Additional outgoing Minute to Free Numbers (5:01 and up) (1)

$ 1.49

Outgoing Text Message (SMS) (2)

$ 0.98

Incoming calls and text messages (SMS)

Free of charge

Megabyte (MB) for data transmission (3)

$ 1.98

Rate level 1
When the user accumulates or recharges within a period of 30 (thirty) calendar days of $ 150.00 nominal

Concept

cost

Outgoing Minute (1)

$ 0.98

Outgoing Minute to Frequent Numbers (1)

$ 0.98

Outgoing Minute to Free Numbers (5:01 and up) (1)

$ 0.98

Outgoing Text Message (SMS) (2)

$ 0.98

Incoming calls and text messages (SMS)

Free of charge

Megabyte (MB) for data transmission (3)

$ 1.98"

The regular Amigo sin limites sin Fronteras for Mexico, Canada and Mexico for 21 days didn´t let me call or recieve calls from local numbers in the US but I might have dialed them incorrectly.

I have good news to report.  My "Amigo Sin Limite" plan works great here in Canada and I can phone anyone here plus I can phone the USA and Mexico.  I also used this same plan when I was in Mexico and could then phone the USA and Canada from there, so all is great with a couple of snags but I figured then out.  Oh yeah, I also never had to pay all those extra charges mentioned above.  I have used both the 100 and 200- peso plans.

More news.  I can still phone from Canada to the USA and Canada but seem to have again lost the ability to phone Mexico.  Will try to find out why today as a Mexican friend is comming over to help me with the language barrier.

I got a friend who speaks Spanish to phone Telcel and find out how I can phone a friend of mine from Canada and now I can but I still cannot phone any other Telcel numbers in Mexico.  Now I am really confused because I can phone only one number but no other numbers.  I will have to get my friend to try again next week and ask why only being able to phone the one phone number and not others.

The sad thing is that the solution is really simple. The trouble is, I too forgot how to do it.  Yet if I am up north and someone from Mexico phones me, I can click on the option return call and it goes right through. But should I try to call a person on a cell phone in Mexico, I always fail, unless that person has called me from Mexico to the US or Canada so that I can click on return call.

From my experience, using Sin Limites while in Canada or the US, your Mex. phone then becomes a Canadian or US phone. So numbers you are calling to the country you are in are dialed just like if you were using a Can. or US phone- no prefixes, just the area code and 7 digit number. If you are calling Mexico, you need to input 011 52 before the number if calling a land line, and 011 52 1 if calling a cell phone.

011 52 then the number does not work at all.  My friend here that speaks Spanish, some how got a Telcel operator to fix only one number in Mexico that I can call and it starts with +52-1 and then the number and only that one number seems to work.  Telcel on there website states that I should be able to phone from Canada to Mexico using the Amigo Sin Limite service but somehow only one number works that way. Why is everything in Mexico a mystery?

20 hours ago, Zippy said:

011 52 then the number does not work at all.  My friend here that speaks Spanish, some how got a Telcel operator to fix only one number in Mexico that I can call and it starts with +52-1 and then the number and only that one number seems to work.  Telcel on there website states that I should be able to phone from Canada to Mexico using the Amigo Sin Limite service but somehow only one number works that way. Why is everything in Mexico a mystery?

If you are using 52-1, that means you are calling a cell phone in Mexico.  52 and the usual  numbers for a land line.

It was a cell phone number that I was trying to phone, so you are saying that I should dial 52-1 and not +52-1?  I tried every combination there is and still can not connect except for the one number that works.  The one number that works is dialed +-52-1 and then the number just like I tried with all the other numbers that don't work..  I really need someone that speaks Spanish to find out what the problem and I suppose it would be better if they were Mexican because they would understand the cell service in Mexico better.

The workings of Telcel are a strange mystery, which I don't even know that a Spanish speaker can figure out. There is one friend in the same town in Mexico as me who I can call, as well she can call me, but our text messages to each other never go through. She doesn't have that problem with anyone else, nor do I. We've both been to the Telcel office about it, but they can't figure it out, either.

Not Telcel , but Telmex, same dif- a Mexican friend tells me when she is angry and frustrated and has no outlet for it, "I just call Telmex, cause there's always something to yell at them about".

Does anyone on this webboard speak Spanish and if so could you help me?  I have a Telcel "Amigo Sin Limite" account and have registered on line so that I can recharge.  I am at present able to phone from Mexico to Mexico, USA and Canada but the problem comes when I am in Canada.  When in Canada I am able to phone Canada and the USA but only after getting help from someone, I am only able to phone one phone number in Mexico.  If I can phone one Mexican number, I should be able to phone any number but I do not speak Spanish and need help to find out what the problem is.  If you could phone Telcel info (*264) and ask them for me how to be able to phone more than one Mexican phone number from Canada, it would really help.  Thanks.

Archived