Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone having this CFE problem?

Our $900 peso two month bill of last February jumped to almost $1100 pesos a few weeks ago with virtually the same amount of usage  Our condo administrator says the rates have gone up but she is not an expert. Looks like she's right though..

Still checking regarding the "banking" of kWh and credit questions,  we prefer to have written policy statements to review,  before sending anything out or sharing publicly, as you can all appreciate.

On the rest - certainly hard to disagree, despite this article on some new changes which began last year:

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/opinion/new-rules-encourage-small-solar-systems/

Some things are directionally better.     However, we've also seen local-only changes such as no longer being able to bring the inter-connection agreement to the client for signing - they have to go to the CFE office personally.       That is a bit of a step backward for many at lakeside from either or both of a convenience or communications-comfort perspective.

Back with more, when we know for sure.....

13 hours ago, Go Solar said:

However, we've also seen local-only changes such as no longer being able to bring the inter-connection agreement to the client for signing - they have to go to the CFE office personally.       That is a bit of a step backward for many at lakeside from either or both of a convenience or communications-comfort perspective.

At the very least, it would streamline the process IF the installer could get a copy of the contract that we're signing so it could be read and understood BEFORE making the effort to go in and sign it. Why the big secrecy? Makes me wonder just what the hell I'm signing. I felt railroaded and pressured to sign... and it made my spider sense tingle.

I went to CFE online today and there is a new notation on my solar-metered account.  I don't know when it appeared, but it wasn't there last time I looked.  This notation is on the opening page of the account and was not on the actual bill statement. 

It appears to indicate the accumulated KWH from last year are still there.  

Here is the statement I am seeing today:  

Corte a partir de 06 MAR 18.Bolsa de EnergíaAcumulada: 836 kWhAplicada: 246 kWh 

Thanks for the tip, Bisbee Gal. I went to my account showing the amount owed on the last bill, and down below, just like you said, it shows the total amount accumulated over some time period plus what I earned during that billing period.

So I guess the confusion will soon go away.

I'm really happy for you who have older systems! I'm happy that you have solar credits because that's all that I want too. The whole purpose of my putting in solar was to be able to "bank" credits for use in the winter so I could operate an electric heater in the bedroom at night. I tracked my electric consumption over one year and the electric heater over one month. The heater alone uses 8.3 kwh a day and it has a thermostat which cycles on and off. Normally, without the heater, I average 5.5 kwh a day. Vamos a ver que pasa con las systemas nuevas.

I'm happy to sign the new contract. But, like any contract in legalese, I want to understand what I'm signing.

On the subject of the contract... I signed it. In the whole first paragraph are references to Laws and Conditions by numbers ... the contents of which I had no way of checking. It was a leap of faith imho.
I have only 5 panels and they are currently churning out 9.0 kwh a day (enphase tracking system). At the moment (and most of the year), I only use 5.5 kwh a day. The purpose was to BANK that extra 4 kwh daily for the use of an electric heater in the bedroom when it's cold. The heater alone uses 8.3 kwh a day (monitored over a one month period).
The only thing that I can suggest to anyone wanting to install solar panels right now is to only install what will cover your normal daily usage but with ease of installing additional panels should this issue be resolved.
I didn't do this to help CFE or Cenace with THEIR bottom lines. I did it for MY bottom line. The only saving grace is that I am also helping the planet... so I signed.

As of today we have still seen no reported changes to the net metering system and the strong belief is that all existing and new solar agreements for small residential and commercial accounts should continue unchanged,  including the banking of kWh credits.

The changes proposed last year have created some confusion and concern, although they are essentially self-defining:

1 - net metering continues for both residential and small commercial accounts (to go up to 25 kW and 50 kW size limits, respectively, a nice increase to both from 10 and 25)

2 - net billing for system sizes from 50 to 500 kW

3 - straight "billing" (payment actually) for pure solar production farms that don't consume.

Finally, as frustrating and confusing as some of this may seem, it should be noted that the solar grid tied process in most of Mexico is still generally simpler, much more technically "open", far less bureaucratic, much lower cost, and much faster, than comparable ones in a lot of the US & C.        

Read over the goals for solar connection and clean energy rates in the article link from the earlier post and much becomes clear; Mexico's intent is to be the undisputed leader in the western hemisphere in these areas.   And why not - lots of land, amazing sun, and high traditional energy costs.    It's a perfect storm for it.

Archived