Chapala.com Webboard

Flying Out and Driving Back

tomgates

One of us is flying out and meeting up with the other in the US and driving back. What to do with the return part of the INM? Take it to the Immigration booth at the GDL airport? Ignore? Thanks in Advance. Don't suggest IMN at the Columbia Bridge as they haven't been interested in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/25/2018 at 6:11 PM, Tomas said:

Passports can be replaced if lost, expired, etc..So there would not be a linage of comings and goings with a new passport..

If that is the case and you need to prove your time in Mexico for legal reasons you probably need an attorney's help. Fortunatly very fee of us lose our passports.

• 1 month later...

If you look at the INM form there’s a little stamp of a car on it.  That shows how you came into the country and you must leave the same way/have a form that states the correct form of transportation.   So your form must have an airplane on it.  You have two choices, say you lost the form when you get to the airport and they will send you to immigration where you will pay and give you a new one or show the form with the car stamp on it and they will send you to immigration and they will sell you a new one.

I  can't tell you how many times I flow in and driven out... same INM form. And I always turn it in at the border driving out.  I guess it is different at the airport flying out but.....

1 hour ago, shirlppt said:

If you look at the INM form there’s a little stamp of a car on it.  That shows how you came into the country and you must leave the same way/have a form that states the correct form of transportation.   So your form must have an airplane on it.  You have two choices, say you lost the form when you get to the airport and they will send you to immigration where you will pay and give you a new one or show the form with the car stamp on it and they will send you to immigration and they will sell you a new one.

Wow! Simply not true.

1 hour ago, shirlppt said:

Shirlppt: Absolutely not so: I'm holding the FMM in my hand; there are no icons but there are boxes to check whether you come in by land, sea, or air on both the top and bottom of the form. Of course you can exit one way and return the other. And the instructions on the back of the form clearly state that it must be completed at point of entry and surrendered upon exit by all foreigners, including diplomatic personnel. We've done this multiple times over 15 years and not once has an INM officer refused to either take/stamp the FMM or our passports. Not once, at multiple border crossings by land or at various airports.

• 1 month later...

Google Translation:

"Internment of foreign persons holding immigration documents

National Migración Institute [INM]

Internment of foreign persons holding immigration documents

Are you a foreigner? Do you have a valid and current immigration document issued by the National Institute of Migration that proves a condition of stay? The National Migration Institute helps you do it!

Necessary documents

Required document Presentation

Passport or valid travel and identity document that is valid under international law

Original

Residence or visitor card, exit or return permit, valid

Original

Multiple Migratory Form (FMM) duly completed for statistical purposes *

Original

In your case, provide the migratory authority with the information that is required

Original

* This document is physically obtained when entering the country.

Costs

Concept: Amount

Processing: Free

Options to carry out your procedure

Presential: In the places destined to the international transit of people, which are located in the Terrestrial Internment Points, International Airports and Maritime Ports."

The rule states at any port of entry a legal resident must fill out a FMM card when entering Mexico for statistical purposes.

• 4 weeks later...

I drove out through Laredo and asked for am IMN form and explained I will be flying back. He said I DIDN'T need to fill out any form.  So I have nothing except my permanente card and passport. Will I have a problem if I fly back with  no card?  TX!

Archived