Chapala.com Webboard

An Apeal from Moonie King

hensley

AN APPEAL FROM MOONIE
Many have used the Sunrise Restaurant in Riberas for a jovial lunch or breakfast, and have been served by Big Al, (Alvaro) the singing waiter. Adrian, his son, also worked there. Adrian died a few days ago. He was in his early thirties. Adrian was diagnosed with Testicular cancer at 15, and used blood thinners for years. He recently developed a stomach ulcer that burst...he bled out before help could get to him.
Losing a child is the hardest burden to bear, but not being able to bury him because of lack of money is a burden no working man should face. It will take 20,000 pesos to bury young Adrian.
Please help Moonie raise some money to help this family, Moonie has known them for 17 years, and they took her under their wing when she moved here alone 17 years ago.

Please send donations to Tepehua Pay Pal for Big Al, or, if you are local, take it to him yourself at the Sunrise Restaurant, or to Tepehua Treasures marked for Moonie, or call Moonie at 376-763-5126.

Thank you.
Moonie

Moonyeen King. President of the Board for Tepehua.

Alvaro and his family are wonderful People!!! Julie & Wayne

FUNERAL FUNDRAISING UPDATE
by Moonie King
Moonie would like to thank those who have stepped up immediately to help Big Al from the Sunrise Restaurant with costs for the funeral of his son Adrian. To help a stranger is an incredible act of mercy for a fellow man... but we are not there yet.
I am grateful we have reached the halfway mark of 9,400 pesos, the full cost is 20,000 pesos. May I lean a little more on your generosity and try and make Al's debt a little lighter? Thank you!

He was last Thursday morning, apparently right after the said death of his son. apparently because he was desperate to earn funds to pay for the burial (spelling?) of his son. There were about 20 at our table and we all donated money to help with the costs.

Thank God there so many folks that are trying to help him during these very difficult times. I will be there again this coming Thursday and will report any news I learn

1 hour ago, hensley said:

Yes he is working and besides Monday's I am not sure which day he is off. I know many times he comes in at 9am.

Thank you. I want to stop by and see him. He is such a good man and this is a tragedy. He and his wife have already been through so much. I hope everyone who is able will help this family.

UPDATE: Saw Alvaro today and he wanted me to tell everyone Thank you so much from the bottom of the families heart, they were able to pay for Adrian's funeral expenses in full because of the community here and their generous hearts!!

Archived