Chapala.com Webboard

Restaurante Bar Jamon

willtravel

Indeed!  It's terrific!  Going back again tomorrow.

A little tricky to locate but once there, delicious and great service.

Enjoy!

Valerie :)

After all the raves we couldn't wait to try it, went last night. They were out of so many things we could hardly keep count, so everything we ordered was our "second choice". The service was great, the setting is lovely, the food was barely mediocre in our view.

3 minutes ago, moonhill said:

After all the raves we couldn't wait to try it, went last night. They were out of so many things we could hardly keep count, so everything we ordered was our "second choice". The service was great, the setting is lovely, the food was barely mediocre in our view.

We were underwhelmed too.

Sadly, me too. My fettuccine dish was way less than al dente with uncooked pasta in the middle and appeared to have been dipped in carbonara sauce as there was little in the bottom of the bowl. My companion thoroughly enjoyed her salad, mussels dish and two glasses of wine until the bill came at 335 pesos for her lunch, not including tip. Maybe, it was the wine.

Service was excellent, polite and friendly. Nice ambiance, too.

Well, that was a short burst of success. Less than a month ago rave reviews and “best food Lakeside” to now “barely mediocre food” and “underwhelmed.” Come on. You gotta try harder than that for longer than a couple of weeks if you want to establish a following.

Archived