Chapala.com Webboard

Telcel Pasa Tiempo (credits transfer) change?

Newbie3

I purchase 100 pesos of credit every 59 days to keep my cellphone alive.

I used to transfer all 100 pesos of these paid credits to a friend's phone, and I simply use my "regalo" or gift credits for my limited use. (actually, I specify 94 or 95 pesos, because there is a 5 peso fee added, so the total is under my 100 peso balance)

However, now when I try to initiate the Pasa Tiempo transfer right after having purchased 100 pesos of credits (and thus having a 100 peso paid credits balance), I get this message:

"Estimado usuario para poder realizar tu solicitud es necesario tengas registrado un monto minimo en recargas de $50 info en www.telcel.com/pasatiempo "

(Google translate: ""Dear user to be able to make your request is necessary to have registered a minimum amount of $ 50 info reloads at www.telcel.com/pasatiempo ")

At first I thought, "well, maybe what this means is I now have to keep a minimum of 50 pesos balance in my paid credits, since I already purchased 100 pesos."  So I tried transferring 45 or 44 pesos, so that I'd still have a 50 peso balance after the 44 peso transfer plus the 5 peso fee.

Didn't help, I still get the message.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? This is the first time I've had a problem with the Pasa Tiempo transfer system.

On the website, there are two different sets of rules for Pasa Tiempo. One if for "PasaTiempo de Amigo a Amigo", which is what I have, a simple package, no contract or "plan", you just buy 100 pesos of credit every 59 days to keep the phone alive. (The other is for "PasaTiempo de Plan a Amigo".)

The example they gave on the website seems straightforward:

"Por ejemplo, si deseas enviar $200, deberás contar con por lo menos $205 de Saldo Amigo."

(Google translate: "For example, if you want to send $ 200, you must have at least $ 205 of Friend Balance.")

Thanks for your time.

Archived