Chapala.com Webboard

Roberto's Restaurant

Wookie

We stopped going even when Bobby was still there; it was excellent when he was at the lakefront, but he phoned it in after he moved it to the carretera.  He sold it purportedly for a good price; can't imagine how a profit can be achieved by new owners without cutting (even more) corners.  

7 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

We stopped going even when Bobby was still there; it was excellent when he was at the lakefront, but he phoned it in after he moved it to the carretera.  He sold it purportedly for a good price; can't imagine how a profit can be achieved by new owners without cutting (even more) corners.  

They could try making simple but healthy food: good oils, to begin with.  All that cutting corners will achieve is driving more customers away.

As you said, the food was great when it was Bobby cooking at the lakefront.  Things started going south when Bobby moved, became ill, took on a partner and finally, sold it.  I miss the old place.

Buying a restaurant on its way down requires an owner who really knows his stuff. I get a strong feeling that there are a lot of places around here where the approach is "How hard can it be?". I would never want to run a restaurant.

Archived