Chapala.com Webboard

Crohn's

HFenster

My wife and I are considering moving to Mexico, and very possibly Chapala.  I have Crohn's and am wondering if anyone else is being treated there for it, and if so what is the treatment?  In the states I receive Remicade every 8 weeks but I kind of doubt that it would be covered by any insurance that I may be able to purchase there.  Not at all sure about this.  I would be happy to consult with a good gastro Dr either there or in Guadalajara, but I hate to just pick one off the web.  If anyone has had any experience in this area,  please let me know what you have learned!

Thanks!

Crohn's is totally fixable with proper nutrition changes.  I also sent the OP some information.  Doctors don't have a clue as they don't address the cause of the illness, only the symptoms, then give people drugs, and then surgery.  All so unnecessary.  A naturopath/nutritionist I respect says those two diets are off shoot of the previous ones which were heavy in protein, and there are even better options.   But, basically, nutrition and chemical laden water is what makes us sick.  Garbage in/Garbage results.

Dr. Hector Valenzuela - Quality Care - 766-1870  His cell is 01-045-333-814-5272.  Have used him for the last 5 years, I Have UC which he monitors and has operated on me for other issues.   He is a Gastroenterologist - Gastro Surgeon. Highly recommend him.    Also in the same office is Dr. Daniel Briseno Gastroenterologist, lives in Mexico city at present doing further studies but will eventually be in Guad. He is here several times a month. Very good also.

I have also had successful surgery by Dr. Valenzuela and can add my recommendation that he be consulted. He is an excellent diagnostician and surgreon, often being the actual surgeon doing operations for older surgeons who are no longer able to do them. He is also a very nice guy, with US experience/training and perfect English.

Archived