Chapala.com Webboard

Looking for board gamers

barbaraH

Hola! My husband & I will be retiring to Ajijic early next year. I'm in the process of sorting my board/card games into what to bring and what to leave. I know the Chapala Society has a game group, but it appears to be only pretty conventional games. Anyone out there interested in Settlers of Catan, Eurorail, Out of the Box games in general? Is there an existing group with a game library?

I also wouldn't mind finding an RPG group, mostly D&D experience, but willing to learn. :D

HI, there. My wife and I are on about the same schedule to move Lakeside. I'd be down to try this - she'd  probably read a novel, instead, and intermittently make fun of my B.S. rolls and other abject failures. In the interests of full disclosure, I've not played anything like this in twenty-plus years. But, if you're willing to indulge a noob, look me up about this time next year!

We love Settlers of Catan and know of several other couples who are players.  We haven't gotten together for years and maybe we should.  Settlers games take hours to play.  We would be willing to learn other complicated games.

• 3 months later...
On 2/21/2018 at 11:15 PM, Sorn said:

HI, there. My wife and I are on about the same schedule to move Lakeside. I'd be down to try this - she'd  probably read a novel, instead, and intermittently make fun of my B.S. rolls and other abject failures. In the interests of full disclosure, I've not played anything like this in twenty-plus years. But, if you're willing to indulge a noob, look me up about this time next year!

I"m out of practice as well, but would love to resurrect this aspect of my past. My D&D reference material is pretty much all gone, but I've got lots of dice. 😁

On 2/22/2018 at 10:08 AM, solajijic said:

We love Settlers of Catan and know of several other couples who are players.  We haven't gotten together for years and maybe we should.  Settlers games take hours to play.  We would be willing to learn other complicated games.

Settlers with the 5-6 player expansion and the Traders & Barbarians extension are now in the games to bring box. Thank you! I may even buy Pandemic (cooperative game to save the world) since it seems I may have people who'd like to play.

Archived