Chapala.com Webboard

Notario In Villa Nova

FlyFree

Notorio #2, Luis Enrique Ramos Bustillos is in lower Chula Vista, Calle del Parque #60, corner of Calle Roble--is that who you meant?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, FlyFree said:

I spoke with the Notario in Villa Nova and she informed me that she was not authorized to notarize my one page letter which is written in English.

I don't know laws about what notaries in Mexico can and can't notarize but I do know from personal experience that notaries in the US must be able to read and understand any document they notarize.  I found this out when needing to have a document written in Spanish notarized to send to Colombia.  The noted at one bank branch called other branches to find a Spanish speaking notary for me.  I always thought notaries just verified that the person signing was who they claimed to be.  

4 minutes ago, solajijic said:

A Notario is not a notary like you think of a notary from the United States.  

This was a fair explanation:  http://www.bajainsider.com/article/notarios-mexico-vs-notaries-united-states

Anybody can be a notary NOB,don't even have to be a lawyer just a clerk, but a Notario in mexico is well above and beyond an ordinary abogado/attorney.

• 1 month later...

I bought a car in the states and they sent me the paperwork by email. I then notice it has to be notarized hopefully only one stamp at top. I am not so sure has to be a US notary it just has to be a stamp showing they are a notary. What was the place that was pictured. What is that located by. Hopefully their's is not $50. usd for signature and stamp.