Chapala.com Webboard

CFE Online Access Problem

Bisbee Gal

I do not use CFE paperless billing but have an online account with them to watch for my bills, which up until this month were rec'd at my house bi-monthly without fail. 

I was expecting our most recent bill to arrive at the beginning of Feb. and to be due between the 10th and 15th of Feb.

There was (and is) no posting online of our Feb. bill and we didn't get paper bill by 2/5 (or ever).  Since we were leaving town, so I took my previous bill to CFE's autopay machine on Feb. 5, when I scanned it showed a small balance due which I paid at the machine. 

Got home yesterday and still no paper bill.  

When I go online, my account shows the latest bill as my Dec. bill.  And, I cannot open previous bills either which is odd. 

When I click on History of Payments, it shows the small payment I made in early Feb. and the due date of that bill (Feb. 14) and the number of KWH (so obviously there was a bill).  But that's it...no way to access the actual bill which I would like to print for posterity.  

The most troubling aspect is that the Dec. bill is the one that pops up when I sign in.....not the elusive Feb. bill. 

I'm guessing this will require a visit to CFE's desk in Chapala, but curious if this has happened to anyone else.  

Yes and I'm a neighbor of yours. But my employee who lives near Danza Del Sol yesterday said that the problem is widespread at least I in this area. I' m going to CFE this morning but at least it''s somewhat reassuring since they won't cut service off for all of us!

A few weeks ago I couldn't get into TelMex, either, but that is now fixed... in any case, I understand your frustration will not be eased when I say my CFE account popped right up with the correct bill. So at the moment there is no way to tell if it is a problem with their data servers or what, but being CFE, I wouldn't be surprised.

I get an error message when I try to look at the PDF.  I do get the paper version, usually a day or two before the due date unlike the Telmex bill that comes a week later.

1 hour ago, Bisbee Gal said:

I do not use CFE paperless billing but have an online account with them to watch for my bills, which up until this month were rec'd at my house bi-monthly without fail. 

I was expecting our most recent bill to arrive at the beginning of Feb. and to be due between the 10th and 15th of Feb.

There was (and is) no posting online of our Feb. bill and we didn't get paper bill by 2/5 (or ever).  Since we were leaving town, so I took my previous bill to CFE's autopay machine on Feb. 5, when I scanned it showed a small balance due which I paid at the machine. 

Got home yesterday and still no paper bill.  

When I go online, my account shows the latest bill as my Dec. bill.  And, I cannot open previous bills either which is odd. 

When I click on History of Payments, it shows the small payment I made in early Feb. and the due date of that bill (Feb. 14) and the number of KWH (so obviously there was a bill).  But that's it...no way to access the actual bill which I would like to print for posterity.  

The most troubling aspect is that the Dec. bill is the one that pops up when I sign in.....not the elusive Feb. bill. 

I'm guessing this will require a visit to CFE's desk in Chapala, but curious if this has happened to anyone else.  

I had the same problem and called 071. It turns out that they changed the format of the bill (was excellent before, now it's terrible!)

You have to access your account on Internet Explorer ONLY!

Whoever told you that is wrong, probably said it because they use IE. I use Firefox, but it should make no difference, as the display has nothing to do with Java or Flash, which are always the culprits. The PDF version needs an associated PDF reader on your PC, which can sometimes get "disconnected". For example, Edge and Chrome will try to open up a PDF within the browser. They think this is "smart", but the process has caused nothing but problems, because PDF files often have coded bits that don't work properly in HTML viewers. (And a webpage is HTML.)

Just opened mine to double-check, from the Webpage... works okay with my "connected" Adobe Acrobat reader, but any reader like FoxIt should work just fine. Yes, the format has changed. Not nearly as clearly-designed.

CG...I tried IE and I get same data as I do with Chrome or Edge, as you predicted.  My main concern is that the "opening page" that ought to show the current bill (in my case Jan bill due in Feb) continues to show my Nov. bill that was due in Dec.). 

While I cannot open the pdf's for older months, that is not a concern to me as I have the paper copies of those bills. 

I'm using Safari & had no problem downloading & opening our latest bill. I have concerns about the design, layout & content Printed at letter size much is unreadable lacks significant details such as no. of Dias. Beta testing, we are the testors!

Pattern Recognition: 7th Mexican Conference, MCPR 2015, Mexico City,

The concept of testor (and typical testor) has had numerous generalizations and adaptations to different environments [10]. In this paper, we focus on the classical concept defined into the pattern recognition area, derived from [5], but using a notation similar to that used for reducts to make this presentation more coherent ...

Best of luck to all

CFE also made modifications to their phone app called Switch making it almost useless. You used to be able to see your last bill showing it paid or due. Now all you can do is scan a paper bill which of course is impossible unless you don't have paper.

38 minutes ago, Bisbee Gal said:

CG...I tried IE and I get same data as I do with Chrome or Edge, as you predicted.  My main concern is that the "opening page" that ought to show the current bill (in my case Jan bill due in Feb) continues to show my Nov. bill that was due in Dec.). While I cannot open the pdf's for older months, that is not a concern to me as I have the paper copies of those bills. 

You can try a couple of things: one, Refresh the Webpage to update it. With most browsers, that can be accomplished by pressing the F5 key on the top row of your keyboard.

Two, remove all cookies associated with "cfe". That method is different for every browser, so use Google to find out how. Then log in to CFE again; you will have to use your login information, because it will be gone after the cookie removal.

1 hour ago, ComputerGuy said:

You can try a couple of things: one, Refresh the Webpage to update it. With most browsers, that can be accomplished by pressing the F5 key on the top row of your keyboard.

Two, remove all cookies associated with "cfe". That method is different for every browser, so use Google to find out how. Then log in to CFE again; you will have to use your login information, because it will be gone after the cookie removal.

Many thanks CG, F5 worked for me.

1 hour ago, Ellie said:

OK and I didn't go to CFE today... will go for sure early tomorrow. Does anyone know how early the office opens - not just the outside caha?

Please post what you find out. Thank you.

I was able to access my current CFE bill online and download the PDF version in the last few minutes (using Chrome).

In the past there have been a few times when I have been going out of town and knew that my CFE bill would be due while I was gone. I took an old bill to the CFE kiosks at their building in Chapala, scanned the code at the bottom of that bill so it located my account, and made a deposit a little over my highest bill from the previous year. That way I didn't run the risk of having the electricity turned off while I was gone. The balance over what was actually due was applied to the next bill automatically without me having to do anything. Just an option to consider and for me that was much better than the risk of having to deal with getting the service reinstated when I got back.

Just tried Chrome with the same results as OP.....and we are talking about an entire neighborhood who is suddenly having this problem ranging from Pedro Moreno to Danza del Sol - nothing on line and no hard copy delivered.  I was on bimonthly schedule for 20 years, early last year it was changed to monthly and last fall went back to every two months.  Maybe we're due for another change.

After trying a few different approaches on their horrible website, I finally got through to the "normal-looking" page where it should show current bill, but it was the last bill from December. The lower left hand corner of same page showed that the new pdf for Feb. bill was available, but it wouldn't download as a pdf, only an undreadable xmlwhatever thing.

So then, FROM THE SAME PAGE, I clicked on the "pay on line" button. (I have never paid on-line and have no intention of doing it, but...) at least it took me to a different page that showed me my account # and the current amount due for this billing cycle.

The problem is on their end.

Screen Shot 2018-02-15 at 8.04.38 PM.png

23 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Whoever told you that is wrong, probably said it because they use IE. I use Firefox, but it should make no difference, as the display has nothing to do with Java or Flash, which are always the culprits. The PDF version needs an associated PDF reader on your PC, which can sometimes get "disconnected". For example, Edge and Chrome will try to open up a PDF within the browser. They think this is "smart", but the process has caused nothing but problems, because PDF files often have coded bits that don't work properly in HTML viewers. (And a webpage is HTML.)

Just opened mine to double-check, from the Webpage... works okay with my "connected" Adobe Acrobat reader, but any reader like FoxIt should work just fine. Yes, the format has changed. Not nearly as clearly-designed.

I agree with your logic, however it will not work in Firefox any longer. IE works so I will save the frustration for other matters...which I'm sure will come my way!

Archived