Chapala.com Webboard

Old pesos vs current

giltner68

All 20 and 50 pesos are still all valid and still can be used to pay with. Some older designs are in process of retirement but if not taken to the bank you can still use them. 

Modeeper you are talking about the old pesos. These 20/50 pesos of giltner68 are however the new pesos but with older designs. 

As it turns out they're new currency, but I didn't even take them with me, so maybe next time. The two main purposes of the trip were to get a new debit card which I did eventually manage and then to get some inhalers for my asthma. I took the new card directly from the bank to a farmacia on the other side of the block and it was rejected 3 times and of course locked? - so, I paid in USD, just another typical day in MX.

12 minutes ago, giltner68 said:

As it turns out they're new currency, but I didn't even take them with me, so maybe next time. The two main purposes of the trip were to get a new debit card which I did eventually manage and then to get some inhalers for my asthma. I took the new card directly from the bank to a farmacia on the other side of the block and it was rejected 3 times and of course locked? - so, I paid in USD, just another typical day in MX.

Banamex locks my account every 3 months if I don't use it (for my safety they tell me ). :D

Takes about an hour or more at one of their branches to fill out papers and then by the next afternoon, I can usually use my card again. :(

Archived