Chapala.com Webboard

Dark side of Seguro Popular

HoneyBee

52 minutes ago, vetteforron said:

We had a patient who had hip surgery at 94 and lived to 103. Go figure? 

Yes, very lucky. They are now saying if they can't find an alternative to antibiotic resistant bacteria, hip/ knee replacements and joint surgery may not be possible. Bring on the robotic protheses please. In the meantime, lose weight, eat well, exercise including weight/strength training for your bones. My doctor has this tatooed on her wrist, ha ha.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2018 at 11:46 AM, AlanMexicali said:

I asked one of my sister in laws, a Psychiatrist, why the socialized medcine here doesn´t give people strong pain killers. Her answer was that when finished a surgery the policy is to let the patient feel the pain not numb the pain. It was because if you are moving around and acting like nothing is wrong you might pull the stiches or worse if something happens under the stress and then the time taken to restich you or readmit you back into the hospital would interfer with the scheduling and cost time and money and possibly leave you with scar tissue or worse - depends on the procedure. If you lay in bed and hurt you will stay there and heal.  :blink:

And while laying there "healing" pressure sores appear, respiratory problems , if they cannot move contractures. The effects of Immobility are well known , I guess, by most. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Newjersey expat said:

And while laying there "healing" pressure sores appear, respiratory problems , if they cannot move contractures. The effects of Immobility are well known , I guess, by most. 

They don't stay inmobile for weeks or months - just until the stiches bind.

• Thanks 1

I have not noticed more problems in the US  or France where they give you painkillers including morphine for the first day or two. Just because you take pain killers does not mean you can go out dancing.. You can get bed sore after 3 days of not moving , my husband got them on the third day when he got his hip surgery.  

I got surgery in Guadalajara 3 months ago and my arm was aestheticized  the day of the surgery and the following day . I got some pain medicine, 3 different ones and that allowed me to sleep at night and I took them for a month in order to sleep .. so you do get pain medicine that is adequate here, is just that in many places the SP does not have them,

I picked up a man the day after surgery of the gallbladder and a woman 2 days  after hysterectomy and neither one had pain medicine and that is painful and it can be helped. No excuse for it..These people would have bought the medicine if they had been told what to buy.

• Thanks 1