Chapala.com Webboard

Need current info on long term parking at GDL

twelveoaks

I have never used the on site long term parking at GDL but would like to give it a try. I do not wish to use the roadside lots off site

Can anyone give me the details of how to access the long term lot ? My understanding is that it is on the third floor. Is this correct?

Also,how do you get the ticket for the lot and are there plenty of spaces available ? Any other info would also be helpful.

Thanks

Yes, it is on the third floor.  Take a ticket as you enter the lot. After you enter the building follow the signs and take a right turn to go up the up ramp. At the beginning of the third floor ramp you scan your ticket into the machine to raise the gate.  There has always been plenty of parking upstairs.

The down ramps are over behind the elevator building.

I thought the long term parking had been moved or maybe added to.  When you approach the ticket machines the first ticket machine/ barrier on your left takes you into a parking lot that's fenced off from the parking garage.  It has it's own set of machines where you pay and exit.  Is that not long term parking now...? Anybody know the approximate cost per day...?

3 hours ago, TelsZ4 said:

I thought the long term parking had been moved or maybe added to.  When you approach the ticket machines the first ticket machine/ barrier on your left takes you into a parking lot that's fenced off from the parking garage.  It has it's own set of machines where you pay and exit.  Is that not long term parking now...? Anybody know the approximate cost per day...?

I'm confused. Canuck Bob on TOB says it is outside at ground level but others are saying it is in the high rise garage. Can anyone verify ? Has it been moved ??

Well, I used the third floor lot the last week of January for long term parking.  The ground floor outside lot with separate machines was also in use but we couldn't figure out what is was being used for. As we entered the high rise lot there were signs directing us to the third floor for long term parking.

I have replied twice that we have used the long term parking lot recently. I believe we paid 115 pesos a day.  While more than the ones out on the highway, it is more convenient for us to merely take our bags and walk into the airport than having get on and off the connecting bus with our bags.

• 10 months later...

I assume you are talking about the airport. I used the long term parking twice in July at the airport. I asked on this board how it works. I got directions like mexilady gives above. I was confused so when we got there my Mexican friend asked at the office there how long term parking works. They said It is no longer on the third-they told me you can park anywhere where there is regular parking. No need to go through two different gates. It worked fine. Things change.They also told me that they are running out of parking space to you can park anywhere even if there are yellow curbs. It was about 100 pesos a day. If you are unsure of where long term parking ask at the office. It is on the ground level at the back in the parkade.

Archived