Chapala.com Webboard

Stem Cell treatment

justsayin

I'd also be interested in hearing about the availability, costs, and prevalence of stem cell or PRP (platelet rich plasma) injections around the area. Might still be more of a Guadalajara thing. No problems that would currently warrant them, but give my neck and shoulder about 10 years...

BUYER BEWARE  w/stem cell treatment. Do your homework, ask questions. EVERYONE is on the bandwagon and some are either not qualified or using a proven approach. This is true NOB too so this is not just a bash Mexico post. 

• 1 year later...

I received stem cell treatment to both knees from Dr Aceves last April.  It was a huge disaster resulting in intense inflammation, swelling and excruciating pain that was so severe, I had to be admitted to hospital twice.  From my personal experience  I would strongly advise against this procedure.  My knees took months to recover and are still giving me problems.

Having knee pain in both knees and 1 ankle I recently went to see Dra Justina , her office is located just west of Dental Express.

She first recommend that I obtain xrays..which when ready I returned to her. We had a consultation and concluded that I was not a candidate for Stem Cells but I could possibly find improvement with Bovine/Plaques injections, at a cost of 1,000 pesos an injection.

There was no charge for the consultation or pressure..or in retrospect no "Claims" for success.

I elected to go for the BP treatment, receiving the "recommended"  4 injections into each knee and 3 into the ankle.

Sadly for me there was no improvement and if anything a slightly worsting on the right knee after the course of treatment.

Over the years I have received cortisone injections in the ankle and the improvement was immediate..but we all know the limits recommended for this treatment.

Archived