Chapala.com Webboard
Out1

Metal working shop with lathe

The shop across the main road from Soriana's owned by the canadian brothers, I believe they have a lathe.  They are in the green building on the west side of highway coming into Chapala from Guadalajara, right before the lights.

Yes! Monica is correct. I've seen a1930s car there being rebuilt from the ground up and they specialize in VWs. They also have a plasma cutting machine. If that is the right name for it. They know their stuff alright.  

1 minute ago, ComputerGuy said:

But that's a word-working shop, no?

No. Metal. For wood-working it would be the Have Hammer school/shop where they have the largest selection of machines around including laths and most are nearly new in Ribaras next to S / S  auto. Phone 766-4830 for student involvement in your custom carpentry job.    

15 hours ago, hammerhead said:

No. Metal. For wood-working it would be the Have Hammer school/shop where they have the largest selection of machines around including laths and most are nearly new in Ribaras next to S / S  auto. Phone 766-4830 for student involvement in your custom carpentry job.    

No, I was talking about the lumber shop, which is also across from Soriana and near to Ron's place. Just wanted to verify. (And of course a wood lathe is not going to cut metal.)