Chapala.com Webboard

sewing needed

monadog

5 hours ago, monadog said:

Anyone know of some place to get two pair of pants shortened and a quilt repaired?

Yes.  There is a lady with a sewing business on 16 de Septiembre, in the next block from LCS going West, a few door from the corner:  lake side.  I have used her and she's good.  Reasonable, too.  Her neighbor in the shop next door also does repairs; they share the work depending on whether it needs a heavy duty or light weight machine.

Regarding Rosario, I was there today, 14th, and she said my 4 prs of pants to be shortened ( and 2 to be taken in) will be ready Tuesday!!!  That's soon! I don't know the cost yet. She is on O'Campo about a half block west of Diane Pearl, which is on the corner of OCampo and Colon.

10 hours ago, Earl said:

Regarding Rosario, I was there today, 14th, and she said my 4 prs of pants to be shortened ( and 2 to be taken in) will be ready Tuesday!!!  That's soon! I don't know the cost yet. She is on O'Campo about a half block west of Diane Pearl, which is on the corner of OCampo and Colon.

It appears that we're discussing two different seamstresses:  One on 16 de Septiembre and another on Ocampo.  Who's who, who's slow or fast; who's "pricey" (and how much is "pricey"), and  why wouldn't one get a price quote before turning over the work??:huh:

When I was Lakeside about a month ago, I visited Rosario Marquez at (reading from her card here) 15 B Ocampo, as other have said, west of Colon about half a block, and on the north side of the street.  No sign, just a small open storefront.  Her repairs to my classic rayon tropical shirt were about $5, though this is nothing like fine reweaving or other surgical procedures, which may or may not be possible with rayon.  Here efforts will at least help stop the spontaneous holes she explained are typical of the material. 

Also had two new tropical shirts copied in cotton from a classic one I brought in, supplying my own materials and buttons.  The labor was $23 each - great for custom work, expensive compared to Laos, for example.   And not one female has admired my new shirt covered with images of dinosaurs in their jungle habitat, where Rosie took special care in matching the bodies etc.   

On 2/13/2018 at 4:52 PM, gringal said:

Yes.  There is a lady with a sewing business on 16 de Septiembre, in the next block from LCS going West, a few door from the corner:  lake side.  I have used her and she's good.  Reasonable, too.  Her neighbor in the shop next door also does repairs; they share the work depending on whether it needs a heavy duty or light weight machine.

Gringal, 

I believe from your directions you are talking about the lady whose shop is named Durazno. Rosario is the lady on Ocampo a few doors west of Colon. You are correct there are two different people being discussed in this thread. Both of which are well liked seamstresses here in Ajijic. 

Another recommendation for alterations is Fiaga on Colon. She is also recommended by many people there. 

I go to Concha on Colon #5, just a few doors up from Diane Pearls, she always says 1 week and the items are always ready, she hems for $30p. She always has done an excellent job for me and my friends.

Archived