Chapala.com Webboard

Local Taxis

lakeside7

Uber is BARELY available here. Many complaints.... you watch the two cars on your map, one getting closer...closer.... then it suddenly changes direction and leaves you hanging. They also want cash, charge more than they are supposed to... not ready for prime time yet.

4 hours ago, ComputerGuy said:

Uber is BARELY available here. Many complaints.... you watch the two cars on your map, one getting closer...closer.... then it suddenly changes direction and leaves you hanging. They also want cash, charge more than they are supposed to... not ready for prime time yet.

I use Uber often and have never experienced those issues. Maybe I'm lucky, or they like me.  

On ‎11‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 1:03 PM, lakeside7 said:

Whenever I go to Guadalajara and use the taxis I am amazed how inexpensive they are compared with Lakeside. 

We locales are getting  ripped  off...Why no Urber service here? ...there is a great opportunity 

They will charge  what the market will bear.  Prices here (and everywhere else) are based on what customers are willing to pay.

Some people (especially new arrivals) will argue that prices are very reasonable. And they are lots of new NOBies coming so there is no pressure on keeping  prices low. It is not only taxis but every other service which is catering to foreigners. Mexicans will not pay the same price we do.

Archived