Chapala.com Webboard

Anyone Lose a Car

hensley

Well for the last 3 days someone has parked a car on our street and I think it might have been stolen, so instead of calling it in and having it impounded I thought I might advertise it here.

White Buick Century with MX state plates.

Is it yours?

40 minutes ago, hensley said:

Well for the last 3 days someone has parked a car on our street and I think it might have been stolen, so instead of calling it in and having it impounded I thought I might advertise it here.

White Buick Century with MX state plates.

Is it yours?

Hensley, keep the license number as you may learn that a ladron is parking there and walking to work at a neighbor's within 3 blocks. We have seen this just outside Rancho de Oro

They notified me through a message on Facebook, there were no keys in the car and they had the other set of keys, they opened it, thanked me and off they went.

There is also a website you can check and see if a car is stolen.

http://qroo.us/2018/02/10/mexico-this-app-will-tell-you-if-a-vehicle-is-stolen-and-notify-the-cops-if-it-is/

1 hour ago, hensley said:

Read it more carefully,

Mexico: This Phone App Will Tell You If a Vehicle Is Reported Stolen

Your car did not want to involve the police and probably no report was made.

12 hours ago, daisy2013 said:

The app on my phone shows where my car is no matter where I am.  Very helpful when parking in a large lot or at the mall.

Daisy, what app are you using?

There is no- way without some type of transmitters in you auto's this will work. I think you are confusing your positioning with Google maps or something similar.  No wonder we did not get an explanation!!

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my cars both had Bluetooth.  I connected Bluetooth from each car to my phone, it then recognized both.  So now wherever I am I can see where either car is or where it is parked.  Nothing special was installed or done.  When I go to maps I can see exactly where the cars are no matter where I am.

Apps mentioned above require one to proactively 'mark' their car when it is parked. Probably sends a GPS signal which can then direct the owner when trying to find the vehicle. 

Daisy mentioned no such proactive 'marking' in her Post so car must be emitting bluetooth signals whether running or not. Either that or GPS coordinates being transmitted dynamically.

Otherwise, I have no clue how that can be done.....

Archived