Chapala.com Webboard

Private chef

Hi all! 

My partner and I are considering Lake Chapala as a destination to retire when that time arrives. Before then, we are planning our wedding there this May so we can check it out. We are having a small, informal ceremony with a few friends and family. I'm looking into booking a private chef. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks in advance! 

Hi Tejas, you will probably want to have a legal ceremony wherever you are from. Have the ceremony and party here by all means. It just takes some red tape to be legally married here so I would skip it. This is what we did: Ismat of Gossips catered appetizers and provided the bartender. Then we had a taco bar, which is fun, especially for visitors. The bartender stayed throughout. We bought two cakes at Marisa, and bought a bag of Mexican Wedding Cake cookies. We had musicians and fireworks.

We have our own place and had 65 guests. 

Consider booking your favorite B&B and having them handle the stuff. I would start with Casa Flores. Fernando is a good host and he is a good cook, great location, good space.

On 2/7/2018 at 5:55 PM, ajijiccharlie said:

Hi Tejas, you will probably want to have a legal ceremony wherever you are from. Have the ceremony and party here by all means. It just takes some red tape to be legally married here so I would skip it. This is what we did: Ismat of Gossips catered appetizers and provided the bartender. Then we had a taco bar, which is fun, especially for visitors. The bartender stayed throughout. We bought two cakes at Marisa, and bought a bag of Mexican Wedding Cake cookies. We had musicians and fireworks.

We have our own place and had 65 guests. 

Consider booking your favorite B&B and having them handle the stuff. I would start with Casa Flores. Fernando is a good host and he is a good cook, great location, good space.

I think you're right. That is what we were thinking - having the legal ceremony here and celebrate in Mexico. I will check out Ismat, Casa Flores, and Marissa, thank you! This has been INCREDIBLY helpful. 

Especially not the local animals. The fireworks here are just big, loud, noisy BANGS... nuthin' pretty about them.

You may also want to consider Catering by Bobby. "Elegant Occasions, Memorable Events". He used to own Roberto's Restaurant. He has been catering lakeside since 1985. Went to a Christmas party last year and he did the catering. Very well done!

Bobby Snyder cell phone: 331-771-1641 e-mail: ajijicchef@yahoo.com

Whatever your decision, I hope you have a wonderful celebration and many happy years together.

Archived