Chapala.com Webboard

Transportation CBX Terminal to San Diego Cruise Port

bdlngton

they have a shuttle that took us downtown, we had to wait a 45 minutes for it.

we had to cross the street to check out Mexico , than back across street to check out US immigration. with luggage that was difficult.

get a porter to help you.

once downtown we took a taxi  4 blocks to cruise terminal.

cruise terminal baggage collection was disorganized, took another 45 minutes in line.

this was 4 years ago, hopefully better now.

44 minutes ago, traderspoc said:

they have a shuttle that took us downtown, we had to wait a 45 minutes for it.

we had to cross the street to check out Mexico , than back across street to check out US immigration. with luggage that was difficult.

get a porter to help you.

once downtown we took a taxi  4 blocks to cruise terminal.

cruise terminal baggage collection was disorganized, took another 45 minutes in line.

this was 4 years ago, hopefully better now.

The CBX didn't open until December 2015.  Things are very different now, I used the CBX for the first time exactly a year ago and was blown away by the easy border crossing.  I can't speak getting to the cruise ships, but wow, the CBX is great.

21 hours ago, bdlngton said:

Has anybody flown into Tijuana then taken the bridge to the CBX tefminal on the US side and then transferred to the San Diego Cruise  Port?  What is the best way to do this?  I don't have a smart phone so can't call Under or Lyft.

Go to the CBX web site and there will be info regarding the shuttle that will take you to and from the train station in San Diego which is only two blocks from the cruise port. The shuttle will pick you up and drop you off on the U.S. side. It is about $ 10 USd per person each way plus the fee for crossing the bridge.

Archived